1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Zero Dep in 6th Year!!!

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by me_at_fiat, Sep 7, 2014.

1. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Guys,

I have a question for you.
    My punto is in it's 6th year. Sept 14 it's completing 5 years. So while renewing the insurance out of curiosity i checked if i can still get ZERO DEP policy. Royal Sunduram, Bharti Axa declined it saying zero dep can be given if car's age is less than 5 years only.

Where as TATA-AIG is ready to issue Bumper to Bumper, Zero dep policy. Also, my current insurance company Bajaj Allianz is also ready to offer zero dep. I also received call from TATA-AIG Mumbai office saying. Please do not go for the policy which the online agent is offering. As, the quote issued by an agent is wrong and i am not eligible for zero dep. So, in case of any cliam in future it may go in dispute.

Now, my question is should I go ahead with zero dep?? There is so much confusion over if it is really allowed or not.

Can anyone help?:angelic:
  2. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Check out the quotes from Iffco Tokio.

My colleague used to say that they used to offer nil dep upto 7 year old vehicle.
  3. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Nopes they do not!!
  4. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Most of the insurance company do not offer zero dep beyond 5 years. Please verify the clauses that TATA or Bajaj are providing.

Royal sundaram offers unlimited Bumper to Bumper claims. Check what are the offerings from either TATA or Bajaj
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    TATA AIG does not offer zero dep cover for cars older than 3 years.

I am with them & they covered my car in zero dep policy only for the first 3 years.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Uptil now none of the Insurance co in India offer zero dep add on for vehicles of more than 5 yrs ownership. If someone is promising you the same, time to smell a rat. Take an informed decision.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Thanks for the response guys.

TATA-AIG and Bajaj did offered me zero-dep policy. I had a valid quotes from these companies and they did mentioned it on email as well. So, had written proof as well. But finally i decided to renew my comprehensive insurance with Bajaj All for the IDV of 4.23. And the insurance amount was 9K.
    mchanna likes this.