1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Zam's Avvy !!

Discussion in 'Avventura 1.3 90 HP' started by zam123, May 7, 2016.

1. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    As promised , few pics of my Italian beast.

Will try to get better pics when i get a chance.

avvy_1.jpg

avvy_2.jpg

avvy_3.jpg

avvy_4.jpg
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Great pics there of your beast @zam123. If you could write more about the options you considered and your TD experience, before narrowing down to the Avvy.
  3. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I had a wagon R which was over 10 years old and it was time for the upgrade.

Budget was 10 L or less and I considered the following

1. Maruti - Wagon R( New model ) - Rejected , because i wanted something new. Also considered the so called premium vehicles - baleno and S-Cross. Maruti not intereseted in selling these , so why should customer be interested.Baleno weak engine. S Cross has a good engine , but its not premium by any standards. Again Maruti fooling people.
    2. Hyundai - Elite i20 - Did a TD , steering was light. Not very impressive. Interiors were meh, not impressive. There is nothing premium about the elite i20. Hyundai is fooling people and people are getting fooled left right and center. Considered Creta also , but again weak engine for its size and weight.
    3. Tata - My friend works in Tata motors. He recommended don't even look at them. There are tons of quality issues due to internal corruption at tata motors. It functions worse than govt agencies.
    4. Ford ecosport/Figo - Again not very impressive. Small sized sedans or hatchbacks. engine performance or the interiors. I have no idea why people buy them.
    5. VW - Read tons of horror stories , poor after sales services and the emission scandal.
    6. Skoda - again same problem as 5.
    7. Renault - Considererd Duster, but it looks very very ugly with a under powered engine for its size and its origins are from romania. not the best car manufacturer in the world. Also considered Kwid - Too small with very weak engine.
    8. Toyota Liva and crossover - Complete garbage of a vehicle. What were they thinking.

Finally , i TD the fiat avventura and was very impressed with its handling , engine performance ,build quality, interiors and exteriors. yes lacking in features , but you rarely use all the features. So its was not top priority.

Avvy also had good GC which is very very much reqd for indian roads. Although i wished they had put in 1.4 Tjet or Multi Air for all Fiats. but who is listening. We are still 30-40 yrs behind.

I took the diesel version of avvy emotion trim due to the high torque and i can always remap to get atleast 120 bhp later.

There is not a single manufacturer except for fiat , that give a decent engine and performance in our indian markets(Abarth). People buy such crap cars these days. I pity them. I also knew the issues that would crop up with fiats and prepared for them, as is with any vehicle.

Fiat can certainly do better in the engine department.

I believe that fiats don't sell because they have some kind of deal with maruti/tata/chervolet to not market aggressively. Otherwise no business/manufacturer in the world would treat customers like fiat is doing now. They very well know the dealership issues and service, but they are quite.

No manufacture would simply accept the way things are with fiat. This can only happen because of closed door secret non official agreements and fiat doesn't bring new models/engines on purpose. They don't want new dealerships on purpose. They don't want to improve things on purpose. may be they are getting paid more for keeping status quo.

If fiat had its way, marutis/hyundais would have shut down long back.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Zam some conspiracy theory you got brother.. :joyful:

Must say we cannot worry about Fiat brand beyond a point. The group is infact doing well. And yes the focus is on China more than India which I am afraid will remain a market which they were never too serious or sincere with. They do pretend but consistently fail to deliver. Meanwhile they will hopefully sort issues of dealerships etc., but no point worrying too much as I said.

Edit: When I say serious I compare them with Hyundai especially.
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    Ravi_M likes this.
  5. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @simpleson,

but why would any car manufacturer deliberately kill his own business ?
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats for the Avvy Zam.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Clearly something didn't workout else they wouldn't invest much on plant and machinery either. We know they wanted to go full on and had to slow down with limited sales etc. We know the group had different focus priority in which India is just a part of the whole equation. The group is dominant entity however we might not see anything we like even in near future and frankly I wouldn't care soo much, neither should others is what I think. There were/are dreaded situation in Assam for example for customers, so those are things that need addressing along with appointing dealers in areas where sales showroom presence should alteast be visible. We know that current head for India is trying that but with requirements of Fiat, their policy and willingness of new investors is nothing short of a challenge given real estate rates for example in cities and number of dealers who have some professional standing/experience of running dealerships. Not to forget a not so well attracting or appeasing portfolio. Fiat is doomed as our friend @prabhjot says and I agree to the part where deviating from current DNA of manufacturing and design could mean disaster as well. Deviating to make those light/lighter components to compete with Hyundai and Maruti. There definitely are many challenges that will need too much systemic changes, yet might seem impossible to achieve.
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Saji Babu

Saji Babu Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats man. Looks stunning! Wish you many more happy miles!
  9. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Congrats !!
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    That's italian styling for you: no all-chromified bling-bling front grill, gun-metal and not light-coloured cheap-looking and plasticky 'silver' for alloys and for the faux-skidplates. As usual: looks good in any colour but your dark-tan is esp good in a mature sortof way.

cheers @zam123
    all the best! and i guess bangalore is a good place for Fiat servicing, even if still- or forever-imperfect? Enjoy :)
    asimpleson likes this.