1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Youtube Thread

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Viny, Mar 15, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Age is not a problem for innovation
    1 person likes this.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ford focus crash test @200 KM/hr...!!!
    All i could say, Holy cowwww!!!

3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Excuse my ignorance.
    Can any one post the video of removing/cleaning pollen filter,placing it back?I paid Rs.220 just for cleaning the pollen filter.,last week,they did not have stock of a new one,neither did the service centre which did the 4th service knew that it had to be changed,as a result am suffocating inside the car)
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Bala - does you car still use Pollen filter? I thought Fiat switched to Wire Mesh filters long back. Are you getting preferred treatment for being a premium customer ;)
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    LOL@ Teky,idhuku per thaan vendha punla vel paacharadhu!(premium customer???,may be premier padmini customer!!!,which drew my love towards Fiat!)
    Really,has pollen filter been discontinued??,why so??.So,if it's wire mesh filter,doesn't it need replacement every 15,000 kms??,that would be sweet news!
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Pollen filter IIRC was discontinued about an year back at-least. Although Wire mesh which costs around Rs. 230 needs to be replaced at every 15K. I think Pollen filter was little expensive and wasn't aiding the air-flow and hence they switched to wire-mesh. If you ask me Pollen filter is a good thing in highly polluted places like Chennai, But we don't seem to get it anymore.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    That's a very useful information Teky.
    I shall ask them to place order for wiremesh filter,they will ask me the part number then.Is the part number there in the spares thread?.
    Pollen filter was also of the same cost I believe,but it would get blocked very easily and would suffocate the occupants.Mods,kindly excuse for OT
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Teky wire mesh filter will cost you only around Rs 50 including tax & I really doubt if Bala's car is having pollen filter. It could be Wire Mesh filter only. I personally felt that we can clean the Wire Mesh pretty well with a good soap solution & it doesn't need any replacement. Though mine was replaced @ my 15k service, I used to clean it every 2000 kms. For Emotion pk models it is bit difficult to reach till the pollen filter. For other models it is just a job by hand. No need for any screwdriver or any other tool.

For cleaning instructions go through post #18 in http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/142-how-clean-pollen-filter-2.html

Mods :- Kindly merge this with http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/142-how-clean-pollen-filter-4.html
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks a lot Cinju,Thanks for the link.
    The video by Vijay khassa was a clean demo of how to clean the pollen filter(wish it had voice guidance in English too),mine being an active variant,it should be even easier.Bad that the TASS charged Rs.220 for this 2 minutes job and made us wait for 3 hours.Next time,I shall try to do it myself.Thanks.