1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Your Suggestions to FIAT

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by kaps, Mar 4, 2011.

?

What Should be Fiat's Thrust for improving sales.

1. Kick TATA, Go SOLO

18.5%
  2. Stick with Tata, Provide much superior experience

3.7%
  3. Provide off the shelf spares

5.6%
  4. Keep a strict tab on dealers (Any comm from customer should act as a whip)

5.6%
  5. Cut Prices

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Improve Interiors

5.6%
  7. Launch New Models

24.1%
  8. Build Brand Image

11.1%
  9. Aggressive Advertising

14.8%
  10. Online Spare tracking system

11.1%
  1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    We read lots of suggestions about how Fiat should improve sales. Let's get a poll on this and find what is the major thrust area required right now. As many votes are there, better results. Many will feel the answer "all of above", yet it is better to keep the poll focused. So each vote has two options. Vote Away.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Voted for:
    - aggressive advertising
    - superior/improved support experience.

FIAT is doing its part. If only dealerships can have more Fiat staff that understands the customer and can differentiate the Indica Vista customer from a Punto customer. :anyone

FIAT should also launch Palio and Uno (under different names) and compete with Figo with a diesel car around 4-4.5lacs.
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    Building brand image is of utmost importance.... drives the 2nd hand car market and attracts more people to give the brand a chance....
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I wish there should be multiple options. I voted for new models small car segment. Also the initial Linea owners might have completed considerable kms on their odo. Many will be thinking of going for a new vehicle. What is the option for them from Fiat. A SUV or a car in higher class with more power is needed. This should be considered while focusing o aggressive marketing and better own servicing networks. Few years back all the customers were new and and now it is not the situation.
  5. anjith100in

anjith100in Timido

trivandrum
    I think its the dealers spoiling the whole game of fiat.. i haven't had any issue with spare availability, so not commenting on tat. the points what i noticed are
    1. The dealers play the major role of building the brand image. If the dealers are not interested the company(fiat) will have a hard time building brand image. eg. whenever i go to the dealer with any complaint, always the say.."Saaarrr... xxx model of FIAT is notorious for this complaint". initially i used to search for the so called "notorious complaint" in the net.. and would never find it. They say the same for each and every niggles i went to solve. once a small portion of paint got chipped of from the running board scraping a boulder.. being the under body and should b taken care of, i went to the dealer and asked to touch up. the funny thing was when i said " the paint got chipped off from tat region" the workman instant reply was " SAARRR.. fiat painting is the worst quality.." I don't know bout the quality of paint but i was sure if it was some other vehicle i would have been doing the denting work also of that part.. Wat i am trying to say here is.. these kind of statements will have a negative impact on the customer(worse if he is new to fiat). He will try to stay away from fiat next time onwards.

2. Launch new models. 1 suv, 1 muv, a van etc( a good diesel engined van in the category of suzuki eeco)

3. tune the gears for a slightly more sprinted driving. here people are looking more at acceleration in lower gears than high speed stability. Do something to work around the lag.

4. improve interior quality a bit more.

5. and the most important, till now majority of fiat's customers are old fiat fans of unos and powerful palios. give them a taste of it once again. not only t-jet punto but also a 1.6l diesel or 1.9 ltr. and also please don't sell the powerful engines ONLY ON THE TOP END MODELS. Atleast give the powerful engine option from dynamic onwards. To lure in more enthusiasts we need a more powerful engine. And for more enthusiasts they need more power for lesser money or without the bling (Bluetooth stereo, crome inserts, rear wiper, Alloys as they might go for better alloys).

6. A slight ECU tuning upgrade (FIAT AUTHORIZED).. I dont know if the last option is TOO MUCH.. :p

i wrote this long because i wanted to pen down some points what i think will help fiat more.. Also i would like u expert's comments on the points i noted..

anyway from the options listed above , i am selecting "LAUNCH NEW MODELS"..
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  6. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    Can add USB/AUX-IN ports in dynamic models atleast...
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go SOLO and start up soon, with the well trained professionals from FIAT to convince the customer and make them understand what the Build qaulity means, and no to go for Kitna Dethi Hia, (If you are not alive then Kisko Deghi).
    And the Advertisement also plays the main role, suzuki is selling like hot cakes, but they have never stopped advertisements.
  8. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Recruit some of the team-fiat members in FIAT :)
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    True very True

I am up for one ;)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Mr. Fiat, Indian car industry has grown from infancy and toddlerhood. Now allow them to stand on their legs. Stop supplying engines/technology. Let others learn from observation.It is their fundamental right.;)
    1 person likes this.