1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Your Favourite RJ @ FIAT Caffe, Bangalore

Discussion in 'Team Fiat Meets' started by amogh, Apr 25, 2013.

1. charan

charan

Bangalore
    The Tshirts are starting from Rs.700, (the one in the picture above) and there were a couple of other Tshirts which were about 5k and meanwhile can someone let me know how could I get hold of a TFI Tshirt, I need one.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The blue Fiat T-shirt is not off that great quality for 700 bucks. Not sure about the rest though. 2-3 washes makes the shirt look too old.
  4. charan

charan

Bangalore
    Fiat caffe-Felt like home!

I went on both the days, Saturday at about 6 PM and Sunday I took my wife along at about 4 PM, I met Subramanya and Shivraj.

Incidentally this is managed by the KHT guys, Mr. kirit Morzaria happens to be a very old client of mine, met him after 6 years.

On saturday I was in a bit of hurry and I had to leave early but on Sunday came with my wife and started feasting on Dhoklas and samosas :D

I bought a nice FIAT mug, the one with Chrome letters on the white mug, that was the last piece yesterday.

Most of the details regarding the future plans for Fiat caffe have already been mentioned in the earlier posts. In addition to that below are few points that might help;

1. The Fiat caffe would be inaugurated on the May 11th saturday since Mr. Morzaria's son Adit is back on the 10th.
    2. The Inauguration event is between 2 PM to 5 PM.
    3. Currently the bar and caffe is not operational, the caffe is already outsourced and soon to be operational and the menu would be a fusion of Indo-Italian dishes.
    4. They are planning to serve beer, hot drinks, cocktails etc pretty soon once their bar license is approved.
    5. IPL and F1 screenings to happen and it would be feast for a lot of us.
    6. All spare parts would be available at Fiat caffe eventually.
    7. Please carry cash if you plan to buy anything as the EDC machines are not yet available and they cannot accept cards.

Lets all catch up on the 11th May and get our like minded friends to this launch and make this event successful.

- - - Merged Post - - -

True! the ones that is of good quality is priced sky high :shocked
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
    4 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore

Sure buddy, 11 is a weekend, good time to catch up all. So it could be a TFI meet too.

Yes the prices of those goodies are very high. Cmon FIAT/KHT lower prices to make the sales go high.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Did you mean accessories? Spare parts does not make sense in the caffe :)

The EDC is very much required as some of the accessories is priced quite high and if somebody picks up a few accessories the EDC would be convenient. Though as a back up there is an HDFC bank ATM next door.
    1 person likes this.
  7. My experience of Caffe on Saturday:

So Bangalore woke up on a Saturday morning with Fiat launching the branded version of it's exclusive dealership - Fiat Caffe in it's unoffical capital in India. But this is just a "soft" launch and offcial inaguration would take place on May-11th once Adit comes back to India. So,you might see/expect few more changes done and added in to the Caffe before 11th.

As decided, hopped in to the Caffe in the second half, though was bit delayed after a heavy lunch. Better half tagged along and fellow TFI'an Sat(Raghu) and family gave the company.

Met fellow TFI'ans - shivraj5624, raj29,fiat-yamaha,shams and charan. We spent some time loitering around the Caffe, observing the things and munching on snacks and drinks that were being served and of course, the discussion about Fiat and it's cars.

Caffe basically, has a two floor setup where in the ground floor accomodates the display area, gaming zone, entertainment section along with office space, front desk and merchandise. Upper floor is where you can see the real Cafe in Caffe. Space in front is for TD cars, visitor vehicles(though hardly can accommodate 1-2 cars. And this being located on Inner Ring road which sees a high volume of traffic, parking on road is not warranted). I believe the basement parking space is also being/ will be used by Caffe.

Caffe was buzzing with activities. Fiat wanted to celebrate this as a Fun Day and there were lot of events going on. Live telecast of IPL match, Gaming zone was active, Talent stage, Karaoke and Mehndi/Tattoo section besides Radio City going live from it's premises from 11am-5pm. MC Badree was conducting stage events for the oncoming visitors as well as for the staff over there. Me and better half were involved in a Compatibility Test event and won ourselves a pair of Cadbury 5 star as the souvenir( How I wish they handing over keys of a pair of Punto's on the inaugural Day). Mrs.Shams was invited to give a point or two
    on how to make a Suji Ka Halwa. Though, have to admit, that most of the footfalls we saw on Saturday were from the existing Fiat owners.

As the evening turned into night, most of the TFI'ans headed home,except me and Shams. Nitin, Area Manager-Fiat Sales, briefly joined us for an interaction( I had met Nitin prior during my T-Jet booking) and during this he said Mr. Nagesh Basavanahalli, MD-Fiat India, might drop in to over see the setup. So we decided to stay back for some more time and it was a wait worth it. True to the expectation, Mr.Nagesh visited the facility at around 7. After a formal welcome, he greeted us and immediately after the introduction, the first question he asked to me was - "Are you from TFI? " . This shows how well we, as a group, are recognized by Fiat and they do understand and consider us an important part in building brand Fiat in India. Time for us to really back it , for the brand we love most, for the car we love most- FIAT.

After a review of the setup, Nagesh got in to a discussion with us. It was nice interaction with him and his team over there comprising of Mr. Salil Narang( Regional Manager), Sanjay(Marketing Head) and Nitin (Area Manager). Some of the points to mention about, in concurrence with what Krishna has noted, earlier are :

* Right now, the emphasis is on Brand building and network strengthning. Fiat is not only aiming at just coming up with service networks and show rooms but to see that they come up and function the way they want it. So,emphasis being laid on process and quality.

* Fiat knows the need of skilled personnel both in sales and service area and they lag there. Providing the staff with technical knowledge and soft skills training is also on their notice.

* Regarding product launches, nothing much other than what has already been announced.However, these things are going to happen all through the year. When and how ..which product is any body's specutlation right now. However they were tight lipped about Linea 1.6, when Shams particularly stressed out the need of a bigger engine powering Linea Diesel.

* Palio-owners,spares and service is also an area where they want to address and act on it.:up

* Spare parts availability was again a huge area of concern and Fiat has come up with a large unit ( one of the biggest in APAC region) with enough stocks of all parts. They are also aware of the situation where Dealer doesn't order stocks in advance or not keeping enough stocks and passing on the blame to Fiat. So, next time if some Dealer/service center is trying to beat around the bush, you know how to mitigate around it.

* T-Jet is back. However, the bookings for the same might start in mid-May and deliveries in June. Here, I like to share an experience. While roaming in the caffe before, I went to the front desk and enquired them about the latest pricings for T-jet, I got a shocker. The Sales guy over there calmly replied- "Sir, I don't think so. I don' think there is Linea T-Jet. Are you asking about Manza T-Jet?" :eek:
    This is where want Fiat to improve big time. Sales and service people with proper knowledge and information about what they are talking and working on. Since, this is also on radar of Nagesh himself, I hope things to improve.
    On a funny note, Salil shared an experience where they went for a drive of T-Jet with a pro racer behind the wheels, some where near Lonavala. While the mighty beast was unleashing all its horses and putting the corners to shame, they were sitting behind holding tightly,gasping for breath...with helmets on!! :helmet:D

*About Bangalore: They are happy to note the presence of Fiat in Bangalore and potential market of cities like it including Pune,Chennai. Currently, Bangalore, as a City, is in top for Fiat in terms of sales and obvious that they want to build on from that. They are aware of the current vehicle load at lone FASS-Vecto and system problems being encountered there. With the opening of KHT service center in the first week of May( I think it is as early as May 2/3) and Aadya opening up their unit by end May, they are confident of the current situation being eased up.

* Penetration in Tier-2 cities : At least in Karnataka,Fiat is going to be there where it used to be with Tata Motors earlier. Mysore(Urs Kars) is going to come live by mid May. Mangalore( Hanuman) is already running, I belive. Hubli(Manickbag) is shortely around the corner while Hospet(Bhagyodaya) is coming up. Talks are also in for set ups in Bijapur and Shimoga.

All in all, it was a valuable discussion with Nagesh and his team and all the while, they were in no hurry to hush up the discussion or pass on to next point. Thank you very much sir for your valuable time and your eagerness to hear and understand from us. We,as TFI, might have disussed/debated the above said points countless number of times and no surprise each one of them is on the radar of top Fiat officials. But, then the seriousness and eagerness with which this new team is out there to deliver what has been promised and what has to be rectified, is commendable.:clap I hope it flows down in the system and soon, we relish on owning a Fiat, for reasons other than driving too.

Icing on the cake was Caffe got its first booking and soon to be owner was introduced to Mr. Nagesh by the staff. Good to know that he's friend of our fellow TFI'an Hemanth(Puntom).

A day well spent, interacting with friends, with Fiat team, and basking in the new ambience of an amazing experience called Fiat Caffe. I left after picking up couple of merchandise. They have got almost all the merchandise as of now. However, billing is yet to be functional and cards are not accepted at this point of time.

Fiat has made a move. Let's be with them as they make more aggressive inroads.
    12 people like this.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great details subramnya.
    You are absolutely right, TFI is very well recognized by Fiat India.
    2 people like this.
  9. Some pictures from my end :

Italian Caffe + Italian Car ..all under one roof...a FIAT First

1.jpg

FIAT.. a brand most love to hate..:)

2.jpg

FIAT Caffe is here...bye bye CCD for TFI'ans ?? :)

3.jpg

A view from "other side" of the Road

IMG_0782.jpg

Lounge inside the Caffe

IMG_0786.jpg

A view from the top :

IMG_0788.jpg

The more powerful...

IMG_0766.jpg

..and the least powerful :) ..both from FIAT

IMG_0779.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
    12 people like this.
  10. Continuing ..

A small TFI group...(L to R) Me,Raghu(Satchitananda), Raj(raj29) and Shivraj(shivraj5624)
    IMG_0770.jpg

one more For the Group..From the Group..:)
    IMG_0773.jpg

TFI with Fiat India ..(L to R) My wife,me, Mr.Nagesh(MD,Fiat India), Mr.Sanjay(Marketing head),Mr.Kirit Morzaria(Adit's Father),Mr.Salil Narang(Regional Manager),Mr.Nitin(Area Manager),Mr.and Mrs.Shams

IMG_0792.jpg

These are areas where Fiat has started making a MOVE..a big Move...Note that each and every concern of us is being acknowledged..Hope it turns in to a robust reality:
    20130428_163243.jpg
    12 people like this.