1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Your deciding factor for selecting Fiat

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Dec 1, 2010.

?

Which was the most deciding factor for selecting your Fiat Car?

1. Fuel efficiency

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Engine refinement

3.0%
  3. Build quality

9.1%
  4. Performance, handling and ride quality

21.2%
  5. Maintenance cost

51.5%
  6. Price of the car

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Safety and other feature in the car

3.0%
  8. Dealer’s reputation and ASS

9.1%
  9. Design and Looks

3.0%
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Let us hear from others about the deciding factors for their car purchase(Fiat).
    In my case it was the ride quality ,handling and safety on higher priority side.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Deciding factor- fortunately, I had driven it in NFS Most Wanted. Had an obsession about owning a NFS featured car and went ahead buying a Punto.

Punto rocks, Fiat sucks as they will never learn how to advertise properly. :hit
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I was sick last rainy season , down with fever , went to the pharmacy go get medicines , was waiting at the counter when someone drove by in a black punto and within the next couple of hours I was in the showroom with the downpayment in hand .. how filmy is that .. love at first sight ... as they say ! :)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    After seeing current months sales, even I am now pondering "What was my deciding factor for selecting Fiat" :(
  5. nav75

nav75 Amatore

Pune
    My factors were:
    - Build quality
    - Performance, handling and ride quality
    - Safety and other feature in the car
  6. @sungoa2010: Dude... You missed out on a very Crucial factor: LOOKS

That was the deciding factor for me and i guess Paddleshifter and Gautam will agree with me. Can you add that to the poll.?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Thanks aadicool for pointing out the most important factor.
    Thanks for moderator for ading the option.
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    this is a tricky poll

Apart from
    Dealer’s reputation and ASS

i bought fiat for all the other factors mentioned. :dance
  9. vinz

vinz

IXE
    Couldnt afford a Ferrari so ended up buying Fiat owner of Ferrari . Best value for money spent.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I have not voted because I don't want to choose a singular reason. For me, it is multiple reasons. I had owned Uno for eleven years and never found a reason to doubt the car, A.S.S or resale value. For all those doubting resale of a Fiat, I got 1lac for an 11 year old car, so!

I was never going to touch a Maruti even with a barge pole, leave alone owning it.
    Had no qualms against Hyundai, but their reputation of providing cars with shorter life span was a negative for me.
    I had to stack up the competition against Fiat and after setting Fiat as benchmark, I set out to find where the contemporaries stood.

I did not want to pay for H badge just for the sake of engine. Fiat engines are no muck by any standards and will give a run for money to any acclaimed engine.
    Fiesta was a good competitor but feature wise, it was nowhere close to Linea. The looks department and longevity (my own experience) tilted scales in favor of Linea.

After reading all those reports about FIRE being underpowered, I must say that I was a bit concerned. But this concern was a history after a test drive. Here I want to say that you will feel FIRE to be underpowered if you drive it like a, say, Maruti. Fiat cars have a distinct power delivery pattern and that needs to be harnessed by correct use of RPM and gearing. Once you get a hang of this, FIRE will hold its own against the best and will even come out heads and shoulders above.

So in my benchmark of looks, stability, sturdiness, VFM, longevity, resale, power, features, A.S.S; Linea was always notch or two above the competition. I had to be a fool to consider anything else then.