1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Your CAR OF THE YEAR 2012????

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Bala, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    My pick would be the..
    RENAULT DUSTER.
    It has created a new segment.
    It has 26,000 booking to be delivered.
    It has waiting period of over 6 months for certain variants.
    It has booking stopped until July next year for certain variants.
    It sells well even in small towns like mine,where people do not even know about a brand-Renault.
    It sells well despite having very few sales and service points,not even 1/4 th of Fiat's.
    It sells well with virtually no promo on TV or newspaper.
    It sells well despite being offered mainly in the diesel variant.
    It sells well despite having so many shortcomings like average interiors,thrice increased price,etc

A close contender would be ERTIGA,since it's petrol version is doing well too.
    2 people like this.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Me too with renault Duster... another one would be skoda rapid diesel. Real value for money vehicle

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rapid was launched in 2012?

To be honest, there was no exciting launch in 2012 to qualify for 'Car of the year' in my opinion. Duster was exciting before launch, but all the excitement faded from my mind after the launch.
    2 people like this.
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Being hit or selling more number doesn't mean is a good car. Duster is just made for selling more in numbers keeping quality & safety aside to a large extent. Its a poor man SUV (I apologies for my word selections here) but that what I feel. It don't have power, GC & other features of real SUV, only a body shape. Same like D-Zire a semi-sedan. Models like Mahindra Quanto, Renault Duster, Suzuki D-Zire are just long enough to fall with in the govt prescribed range of small car Tax bracket. So these are compromised vehicles. If you want a SUV go for a proper SUV (TATA Safari, Mahendra Scorpio, Fabia Yeti etc).
    Otherwise Ertiga & Duster has created a new category in Indian car market
    4 people like this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I would vote for Linea Emotion 1.3 MJD 2012. It had everything that one need in a car.

1.Full of futures
    2. Excellent drive
    3. Extremely stylish and timeless design
    4. Wider tyres and bigger alloy wheels for better grip and style and road presence
    5. Excellent in terms of FE
    6. Priced at a VFM range
    7. Adequate power though it demands more.
    8. Best warranty option and best road side assistance
    10. Excellent in terms of safety.

@Bala : Nice to see you back after a break:)
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks Sungoa for welcoming back into the fold.Yes,break was inevitable,sitting infront of the system has caused disc bulges at four places in the spine,how do you all do the same at the work place,for a whole day??
    Regarding your choise of the new Linea variant with an increased GC and few other new features,variants of old version do not get the car of the year awards.
    Regarding DUSTER,even am hugely surprised at it's success,no Maruthi/Honda/Toyata badge,built to a price and I thought that people,the general aam aadmi would not even know the presence of the car in the market,but,surprise,surprise,people are selling their more expensive cars to buy this one.
    1 person likes this.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    BMW 3 series revamped in 2012. Luxury but sure VFM.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Though its Swift which has won the Car of the year 2012 award.. safety, design, comfort, style, fuel efficiency, fun to drive factor. Contenders were : Ford Fiesta, Honda Brio, Hyundai Eon, Hyundai Verna, Mahindra XUV5oo, Maruti Suzuki Swift, Nissan Sunny, Renault Fluence, Skoda Rapid, Toyota Etios Liva and the Volkswagen Jetta.

A car which people are mad about since 2006 returned to claim the title again in 2012!

My Personal Car of the year is Punto - Linea 2012 as it stands far ahead of all the competition in all those factors because it offers everything you can ask for in a car in its segment, be it quality, looks, comfort, space, fuel efficiency and value — the fun-to-drive FTD aspect that we are at. .. ;)

PREVIOUS WINNERS

* 2011 Volkswagen Polo
    * 2010 Maruti Suzuki Ritz
    * 2009 Honda City
    * 2008 Hyundai i10
    * 2007 Chevrolet Aveo U-VA
    * 2006 Maruti Suzuki Swift
    * 2005 Hyundai Getz
    * 2004 Honda City
    * 2003 Mahindra Scorpio
    * 2002 Fiat Palio
    * 2001 Maruti Suzuki Alto
    * 2000 Ford Ikon
    * 1999 Hyundai Santro
    2 people like this.
  9. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Ritz into the car oy the year list. My god design just doesn't matter for majority indians.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    How about the Mahindra XUV 5OO? Was it launched in 2012?

Same happened with me too. The top end is a little over 10 lakhs I believe. The interiors would make Etios proud :).
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012