1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

You bought FIAT !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by karthik_r, Jun 12, 2014.

1. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I appreciate ur feedback about fiat @bala... The car is good and u know I went to chennai this weekend and I could see fiat opening new showrooms in some important corners like velachery and teynampet... Lets hope they solve this spares issue soon...
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Am happy that you have started appreciating the car.
    The car is like no other in the country and A.S.S is also like no other in the country :(
    Velachery is an old showroom,teynampet is news to me, I have never seen.
    Have you noticed that Hyundai showroom at Guindy is at a crucial corner for every one to see where as FIAT showroom just next to it is in a one way road where not many can see.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sometimes buying something on a hunch turns out to be great overall inspite of opinions and bit sour experiences. Who knows this deal might be great one for Karthik_r.. :)

Painting rosy picture is bad (I would limit myself to give hope rather than glorify something) and Bala even worst is telling an unpleasant truth in an unpleasant manner. (if ofcourse the truth applies in all cases). There is a reference to the later in Bhagvad Gita... "Satyam Bhruyat, Priyam Bhruyat..."

A patient who is referred to oncologist already understands what could be the possible outcome. The oncologist no doubt has to tell the whole truth to a teminally ill person. However, it is important that the patient does not loose hope till he has even a percent of chance of recovery, even if it means an extension for few months or years. Hope you agree.
    2 people like this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    It's amazing that this generation even reads Bagavatgita (which language) when there are plenty of funky stuff to read on net, your parents are very lucky.
    Like you even I wish Karthik's purchase makes him happy for ever, Fiat A.S.S not with standing.
    Even what you told about cancer is true.Throat cancer has very good cure and survival rates these days but one of my patient hung herself just after one sitting of chemotherapy,I had spilled the beans only to her daughter in law.
    1 person likes this.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well I have never read it as such, but certainly heard quite a few quotes from my father. A couple of these keep occurring to me. Thanks for your kind thoughts. :p

That's sad. There could be other possible underlying reasons, mentally for her this one must be like the last straw on camel's back.

Interestingly, given my interactions with IMA and AMC, it seems we may have a lot to discuss about medicine, medico-legal aspects, patient counselling and a whole lot of related stuff. But not at the risk of boring you to death. ::D I always wondered if there should be a medicine related thread in hangouts sections.:confused:
    Ofcourse, it should not be detrimental to or conflict with general medical practice or practitioners. I wonder if Mods and/or Docs. on forum would or should object to it.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    There are only 4 doctors in the forum including a humble mod,Yashik.
    Yes, a thread on medicine would be useful but people might find it very boring :(
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am aware of Yashik aka paddleshifter also being a Doc. :) Maybe he and you could start one. I am very sure it wouldnt be boring, we all find things that are not of any interest to us on Forum, yet they could interest others. A thread on medicine could also spread some awareness on common issues atleast. Besides with docs on forum this could help serve as myth busters in some areas.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mods please shift OT to appropriate thread.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    No Bala.I don't think it will be boring because each house has a patient these days.I believe this will certainly become an information warehouse (trust worthy) medical thread.Information on our health/remedies is better to be known than just cars I think so.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very practical Bharath,but I only wish that there are no patients in any house and everyone stays hale and healthy always.
    2 people like this.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Good idea Bala/ bharath. I hope the medical thread is not restricted to allopathy. Our country has rich history of treating with natural means.

Abdull
    2 people like this.