1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

You bought FIAT !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by karthik_r, Jun 12, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Valid point there Ganges (for you others living in area with lesser concentration of Fiat car sales).

Couple of points I wish to make.

1) Karthik_r has already made the purchase. So now he must be positive and plan his service well in advance. I believe there must be SC in coimbatore.

2) A general service can be managed by a good mechanic who has worked somewhat on Palio/Siena, Puntos or Lineas. Even clutch replacement is possible. However at times when performance issues arise, the car needs scanner or special equipment including car lifts to do a better underbody job.

3) Spares is something which one must find a way to procure in areas where Fiat does not have more cars. If Fiat cannot find more dealers in particular areas, they could atleast appoint more Fiat Authorised Service Points, like they did in one case in Mumbai (Kandivali). Customers should write to them via email or regular post.
    1 person likes this.
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Karthik, CAI is the dealer in Coimbatore.Showroom is at Avinashi road next to KFC.Service is taken care inside Laxmi mills which is near Cbe kidney centre. The other nearby dealers are at Erode,Salem and Vellore.Madurai is too far anyway.I would say Fiat servic is still a gamble and will take sometime ti bring in the leagues of Maruti Suzuki,Hyundai.I mean, comparatively it is low.Nothing to panic but it ll be alright in a matter of time.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  3. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Welcome on-board Kartik,

Service is better than before and as some of fellow members mentioned depends on your location and luck.
  4. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
    Welcome to team fiat karthik .

You made as very correct decision , they are poles apart :)
    You will receive lots of comments /reactions . Every fiat owners always get those - From facial expression of Question mark ( as if asking why ) to "he does not understand car market" ...
    Don't worry about those , Spend more time on team fiat and when you start understanding fiat more - you will calmly ignore comments :)

Wishing you a lot of happy miles on 90HP !!!
  5. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the warm welcome @sathishgv. I will surely most some pics soon.
  6. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the kind words asimpleson
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes Karthik,your friend is very very true, if you want evidence you can read my horrible experiences in another thread.
    You have bought trouble with your hard earned money even if the car is good as such.
    Have your daily prayers.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Bala B+ve.. :lol:

@Karthik, our friend Bala and maybe some people have had too bad experience with SC, esp. availability of spares and some long pending niggles. Please don't be alarmed. He too likes his car, just of lately he has developed some hate towards Fiat's incompetence.
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    :), simpleson,
    Yes,true, I too like my car just like every one else in the forum,but it is a fact that down here spares are ordered and made available only on request :(, competence of the mechanics too is too low for even a roadside shop.
    It is our duty to tell these facts to newbees instead of painting a non existant rosy picture.
    Anyways Karthik is asking after buying the car which he should have done before.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Whenever you meet your friend again, give him back which is long-due.
    Why you bought Maruti/Hyundai...? They make most delicate cars that claims most no. of lives.
    When he questions if it is true then tell him, Only reason it is not disclosed because the dead can't speak!!

or.... Why you bought Maruti/Tata... They have a car that doesn't have it's own engine. That's like getting heart transplant from a doctor who is getting treatment from another doctor for Viral Fever.:mrgreen:

Leave it... You know these people know anything but cars. Just enjoy your 90 HP. This is one hell of a car!!
    One thing I would suggest though, Get it's stock Horn changed asap.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.