1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

You bought FIAT !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by karthik_r, Jun 12, 2014.

1. karthik_r

karthik_r Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello Everyone ,

Nice to see a website/forum for FIAT in India. I first like to thank the people who made this possible and making this forum very interactive. I am from coimbatore , Tamilnadu. Fiat Grande punto 1.3 MJD 90 Hp is my first car. I was almost made my mind to buy maruti Wagon R VXI for around 4.7 L. But one fine day i saw a olx ad which posted as Fiat punto for 4.7 L ( 2011 model , ran 28 KMS ). So thought of having shot at the car. But the first look at the car made me change to "This is my car" . I verified the service history and I negotiated with the person and finished the deal for 4.3 L. Its almost a month I am using the car and I must admit , this car is awsome in highways. But I didnt feel that beat while driving in city. The mileage comes around 16-17. I have lot of doubts and clarification with the car. will keep posted..

OK!!! i will now come to the title of my forum. The very first comment what I received from my close friend is "Why you bought FIAT ? THEY HAVE THE CRAZY AFTER SALES SERVICE!!!" is this really true ?

Cheers Guys
    karthik R
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Service Depends on your location and luck. Dont worry and be positive.

:p heartsent for our mutual benefit .. !
  3. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    I bought my Punto Emotion Pack in 2011 and even today people ask me why did you buy Fiat? I always tell them that my next and car after that are also going to be Fiat cars only. I have done 3 services and couple of times running repairs but not faced any problem with quality of service or spares.

-M
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Many a times people ask in the most affectionate tone: FIAT liya? Kyu re aisa? Pagal hai kya?

Translation: Bought FIAT? And why is that? Have you gone mad?:p:p

Cheers,
    Mahesh
    2 people like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A warm welcome to the forum Karthik. You are amongst a few lucky people to have found an used car to your liking and to your price. Congratulations on the same. Suggest you to start an ownership thread and post lots of pics of the 90HP scorcher. City mileage you are getting are OK, take the car on the highways and then see the mileage. It will turn the smile into a huge grin.

As regards to the Fiat service, they have improved a lot but still need a lot of distance to cover if they are serious of establishing themselves.

I usually return the taunt "Have you bought Fiat?" with "Yes, I usually like driving a tank than a tin can"
  6. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome karthik. In my opinion you should not give much attention to others comments after all you bought the car by listening to your heart so always listen to it. Welcome to the 90 HP club bro (affection from a co 90 HP owner) and don't forget to add both of your names (u and ur 90 HP) in the 90 HP list here. We all here love to see lots of pics so don't disappoint us.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome Karthik!!
    Punto 90 is one hell of a car!! you will enjoy it for sure..
  8. vishal_tomar

vishal_tomar Timido

Vadodara
    vadodara
    Grande Punto 1.3
    dear Kartik welcome !

see there is lot to related how you drive your car , 90 BHP i driven it with manza , that is not as presiously assembaled as Fiat do i beleive , but there is remarkable differnece in my 76 BHP punto .
    you are really lucky to got car in that price also Fiat is one only which is available in second hand car market as i observed in vadodara , people of special category purchase fiat not to sale but be with loving beast . i have dare to purchase punto when there was no Dealer and service centre that time but now they have more then 120 points of presense pan india .

enjoy & be positive

regards

vishal tomar
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes its very bad,atleast for me as we dont have FASS and cant travel 250Kms or 300Kms for servicing my car.
    So its always good to put a thought on ASS.
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome to the club Karthik. Me too bought a 90HP, of course after so much resistance from friends, but after 3.5 years and 58K on the ODO I have NO regrets on the decision. It is a fantastic machine, a perfect drivers car. I have done so many travelogues in the last 3.5 years and many more to follow. I get the feeling that it keeps me glued to the seat, I just dont want to get out of the car :D

I guess CBE has authorised Fiat service centre(s) right? May be fellow TFIans can help here. I am sure it will be pretty good.

I also read about a guy, not sure which forum, who travels from all the way from Chennai to Madurai to get his Punto serviced. Thats the kind of passionate drivers we are here at TFI. Looks like Madurai service centre is too good. BTW, how far is Madurai from CBE ? ::D

Wishing you happy mile crunching and drive safe!

Cheers
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014