1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yokohama C-Drive : Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Jay,

What about the grip of "Goodyear assurance V" .what is the TCO including weights and other charges?
    Where did you buy the tyre?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I am told it's hard rubber with lack of good grip on wet surface and noisy? is that true?
  2. dinesh.90hp

3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I can agree to the part of noise but lack of good grip is not true. I have myself driven a car with Turenza on wet road and it does grip well around the corners.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Its very surprising that you claim turenza had low grip
    To begin with bridgesone is known for it's grip. Mine is not a turenza but stock tires from fiat which are
    No bridgestones and they even after 30k
    Have nearly 4.5mm thread depth and still grip like a
    Scared cat stuck on a tree.
    Its that good.

However its not particularly silent that's all
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The what tires does your car have pls share the info

Waheguru Waheguru
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

the grip is comparable to the c drives but i feel the c drives are way too softer than the assurance tyre.

i bought the assurance tyre near the indiranagar BDA complex. the cost for one tyre is 5000/-
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  7. Please check the thread posted by Abdul about bridgestone in the forum.
  8. arian

arian Amatore

if comfort & silent ride is a priority then Yoko AVS DB V550 is an excellent choice. The db (decibel) series is really advanced & is used in luxury cars. I got Dec 2011 manufactured tyres of the same type & m extremely satisfied. But be careful wrt sidewalls. It very soft. But the ride is plush. It takes the ride quality of linea notch above and for me noise & ride quality was the priority & this one beats Michelin plc on the same. So be clear of your priority from the tyre & compare options across manufacturers offering the same. And be clear that yokos & michelins generally dont last like bridgestones.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

hi anish

i am searching tyre for my linea.195/60/R15 available in xm2?

are u sing that tyre currently?if so please post your views?

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

hi jay,

i am searching tyre for my linea.

i used to the grip of GT3. will assurance give me the same grip?

by the way did u had GT3 as stock before assurance?

also i heard assurance for taxi segment is that true?

please do post your reviews?
  10. Guys!
    Went ahead with Bridgestone MY-01 @ Rs 5,200/- each.