1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yokohama C-Drive : Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by nikhilsikka, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Hello All,

I have Fiat Grande Punto 1.3MJD Emotion Pack. I have driven 46k kms and the car is 22 months old. I plan to change tires around 50k kms. The car is running on stock tires.

I want to know that are Yokohama C-Drives good? I am getting it for Rs. 4850/- per Tyre.

What to choose between Yokohama C-Drives/Michelin Primacy LC/M.R.F. ZLO?
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin primacy LC without a doubt (5200/- each)
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin Primary LC are good but don't offer much mileage. A tyre shop owner here told me that they last anywhere upto 20-25k in typical Indian tarmac conditions.

Mine will be Bridgestone most probably when it's time.

What is your major priority? Comfort, road grip, road noise or mileage offered by the tires?
  4. Thanks for the quick replies:)

My major priority is road grip and road noise.

I have heard that Michelin got softer sidewalls and wont last longer.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    well fellow members like nkapoor777 and AXN can shed some light on this as they have switched to LC's, having experienced the primacy LC myself for 44000kms I for one can rest assure that they done give up any sooner than the usual yoko's/mrf's/bridgestones.

yes they do have a softer sidewall as our fellow member nkapoor777 experienced it while he hit a stone at 80kmph the tyre is intact and strangely the rim is bent:confused:
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin will also last like other tyres, only thing is because of softer sidewall, needs bit more care when driving on bad roads. But the comfort wise its the best. And it is costliest of the lot.

I am running C-Drive for 12k+ KM, and find the tyre to be excellent, compared to Bridgestone OE tyre.
    I am reading ZLO is also a nice tyre, seems to be better than C-Drive.

So i would suggest if comfort is primary corcern then go to Michelin, otherwise go for MRF ZLO.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Just replaced the two front tyres to Yoko C-drives. I can easily say they are less noisier and comfortable to drive than the stock Goodyears that i had. I got it for 4800 a piece.
  8. So now its between C-Drives and ZLO.

Lets see what I decide upon.

Thanks for suggestion guys.
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    C drives available are mostly 2009-10 manufactured , check date before buying . MRF Zlo is one you can consider , silent and grippy , c drive and MRF zlo are equal in performance and quality.
  10. Thanks for the advice. Will review to it.