1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yet another PDI story - My OB T Jet is finally here...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bsrej, Aug 21, 2013.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Folks,

After 2 days of impatient waiting (after the car reached dealer yard) today I have done PDI :D. Here goes the story of that…

As you all know I have booked my OB T Jet after lot of research and waiting and I have posted the story of that in this thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/linea-1-4-t-jet/10470-booked-t-jet-emotion-oceanic-blue.html

Now, on Aug 27[SUP]th [/SUP]at around 11.00 AM, I received a call from Vishnu (Ramkay FIAT) and he conveyed the message that my OB Jet has finally landed in Chennai :dancing The waiting of 17 days is over, No fake promises from Ramkay, the car arrived on the committed date:clap

I was so excited to see the car and asked him about the PDI. To that he said, they need to complete the dealer PDI and I should wait till then. Then we planned the PDI on 28[SUP]th[/SUP] evening but I didn’t happen as the dealer PDI was not complete :(

Finally today morning at 9.00 AM, Vishnu confirmed that I could do the PDI after 2.00 PM. My son was also eagerly waiting to see the car, so wife suggested going after 3.30 PM after he comes back from school. So that’s decided and I went to office, finished all urgent tasks, took the printout of PDI checklist and came back to home at 3.30. Picked my wife and son and dashed to the yard….:redcar

3.45 PM we reached the yard. The moment we crossed the gate, we could easily make out our Jet as she was standing out in the crowd. The reason, she was the only one in OB color, all others were either NPW or TW.

She looked a bit dull and tired of the long journey to Chennai, with dust all over her body. I talked to JK who is the in-charge of the yard and he helped us in doing the PDI. I asked him whether he can do a quick wash to check the paint, scratches etc and he agreed. She got a quick shower and he parked her inside the small shed inside the yard for us to do the PDI comfortably.

My wife and son helped me a lot in doing the PDI by walking all around the car and checking everything. We have done a good thorough PDI and founded these issues.

1. Glove box not closing properly (as expected :p).
    2. While open the back doors, it makes a pop sound. Not a big issue though.
    3. Some wire is hanging in the boot (from the roof of the boot).
    4. Music system is not playing media files from USB, which I later found that there were no media files in the flash drive I was carrying (my bad :oops:) . Need to tell him tomorrow.
    5. There were some dirt spots in the interior which my wife was very particular about. She even found some dark patches on the seat belt and asked JK whether this one is from any old stock :lol Poor chap; immediately he took out the invoice copy of the car and explained that this came only yesterday and they will clean everything before delivery.

We have informed JK about the issues that we found, he made a note of it and promised that he will solve all these problems immediately.

Few other points that I have noticed (not any issues) during our PDI.

1. No problems in panel gaps, including the key hole assembly (that looks very neat) :up
    2. Engine is so silent that you will not realize that it is running.
    3. The tires are not Good Year, they are Apollo Accelere. Not sure they are good or not. Need help from experts here.:anyone

We took few photographs to complete the PDI. Thanked JK and left the place by 5.00 PM after spending more than an hour with our new family member.

Now they will do the registration early next week and the expected delivery is Tuesday or Wednesday.

Please find few photographs of my Blue Beauty…….
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    5 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My advance congratulations, Sreejith.

This is what I would always expect from a dealer. Do a proper PDI at the dealer side.

Very Good. Now, I am having the second set of Acelere's in my car. :)

BTW, where is the stock yard of Ramkay located?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sounds good. Bring it home ASAP !! :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    These are excellent tyres, don't even think about them.
    1 person likes this.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    DSC_0200.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

JK parking the car in the shed..

DSC_0203.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ramjn, their yard is near Sithalapakkam, Medavakkam.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks gurjinder

My son doing PDI :D

DSC_0187.jpg
    16 people like this.
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

She looks so sexy in OB shade. Awesome! Congrats again Sreejith!

I so want this car. :D
  8. navi_tjet

navi_tjet

Bangalore
    Have been eagerly waiting to see the pictures of your OB beauty. Just one word to describe her "Gorgeous" :).
    Congratulations for a clean PDI report. She does have one of the most silent engines.
    Did you get a chance to take her for spin during PDI? What is your take on stock speakers?
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Aditya :D, Planning to change to JET ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks navi_tjet, No they didn't allow me for a drive. I couldn't check on the speakers much (the flash drive I was carrying was empty), but checked the FM radio felt OK.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

If I get a good buyer for the 75HP, we might get the T-Jet Active or the MJD Dynamic, Sreejith. :) Let's see.
    3 people like this.