1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yet another PDI story - My OB T Jet is finally here...

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by bsrej, Aug 21, 2013.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Booked T Jet Emotion - Oceanic Blue.

Hi Folks,

I have finally booked my T JET on August 10, 2013 and here I am posting the story. I am not so good in narating and this is my longest post ever.

It all started when I moved to my present company two years back. They have this policy of “Company provided Car” (later I decided not to go with that offer) and that induced the thought of upgrading my car.

Till then I was happily driving my good old Palio Stile SLX (2007 Dec model). We have taken her on lot of long drives including the ones to my native and we used to thoroughly enjoy such long trips.
    </SPAN>
    My wife was not so keen on changing the car, since she (and all others in the family) has some sentiments attached to our first car. And the Palio was doing a decent job till then and we never had anything to complain about her other than the service niggles that we faced with TASS (which is obviously not a problem with the car).</SPAN>

But considering the fact that our good old Palio is aging and has the car has already gone out of production, the potential problem with the availability of spares, diminishing resale value etc ; we have decided to upgrade to a sedan.
    </SPAN>
    First thing we decided is, not to buy another FIAT and you all know the reasons – the agony the poor FIAT owners faces from TASS. And we decided to buy a popular sedan and have listed down our priorities /requirements
    </SPAN>

1. Should have a power full petrol engine.</SPAN>
    2. Good service network.</SPAN>
    3. Ride quality and handling on high speeds.</SPAN>
    4. Built quality.</SPAN>
    5. ABS-EBD, airbag and other safety features</SPAN>
    6. Leather upholstery.</SPAN>
    7. Looks of the car.
    </SPAN>
    So by late 2011, I have started the research with test drives of the popular cars. I have considered all the popular cars in C1/C2 segments and here is the list of that.</SPAN>

1. Honda City</SPAN>
    2. VW Vento</SPAN>
    3. Hyundai Verna</SPAN>
    4. Ford Fiesta</SPAN>
    5. Skoda Rapid</SPAN>
    6. Toyota Etios</SPAN>
    7. Ford Ecosport</SPAN>
    8. Renault Scala</SPAN>
    9. Renault Duster

</SPAN>
    Already lot were said about all these cars and I am not repeating those, I will only say why I didn’t go for those. </SPAN>

Discaimer : This is only my personal opinion, no offence indented to any brand.
    </SPAN>

Honda City : Steering (EPS) lacks feedback</SPAN>, lack of features and I felt that it’s a bit too highly priced for the features that it is giving. Cabin noise was too high for a car of this class. Tried harsh breaking at a speed around 100 KMPH, and the car was not so stable to my liking.</SPAN>

VW Vento : Not a very good petrol engine, very dull dashboard design, lack of features and I didn’t like the overall design of the car. Moreover in Chennai, they had only two service centers.
    </SPAN>
    Hyundai Verna : Interiors are the best in class, but didn’t like the fluidic design very much. Lot have been talked about the handling of Verna, I didn’t find it inspiring confidence on high speed braking.
    </SPAN>
    Ford Fiesta : I didn’t test drive this car. One of my neighbors’ has this and with just a mere look at the interior space, I dropped the idea. </SPAN>

Skoda Rapid : Same as Vento, didn’t excite me to the extend to think about it again.
    </SPAN>
    Toyota Etios : I don’t know who designed this car. I will never buy this for the looks and interior design/quality. And it has significant body roll as well. I was taking a small corner at around 60 KMPH and it felt like it is going off the road.</SPAN>

Ford Ecosport : I have almost decided to buy this after going through the specs before launch. I had a chance to see this car before launch at Express Avenue mall, Chennai. Exterior looks awesome, interiors awfull with cramped space and cheap plastics. And with the news about toppling of this car during a test drive, I said good bye to Ecosport without even taking a TD.</SPAN>

Renault Scala : Good in interior space, really a caaaaar. But the interior design is not so inspiring and is not a fit for a car worth 9-10 lakhs.
    </SPAN>
    Renault Duster: Took a TD, very power full engine. But I didn’t like the pitching and rolling which was very evident. The looks were not so great either.
    </SPAN>
    After all these, I have decided to wait for the upcoming launches and decided to postpone my plan. All these days, I was not thinking about a FIAT again till I heard about this Auto Expo that is scheduled to happen over a weekend at Chennai Trade Centre. It was in April 2013 (if I am not wrong), and I went there with family.
    </SPAN>
    It was a decent show with BMWs, Mini Coopers, Skoda, Toyota, VW, Fiat etc. I saw BNW Linea Multijet on display there. I have examined the Linea thoroughly and was quite impressed with the looks and interior space of the car. Then I moved to the next stall to check the Toyotas and Skodas and others. It was good chance to compare all these sedans under one roof. Finally I came back to the FIAT stall and talked to the person who claimed was from RDC FIAT. And he gave me the news that T Jet is getting re-launched in May... I gave my contact number and left the place, now seriously considering another FIAT car :D ...

Two weeks later SE from RDC called me and they offered me a TD for Multijet. I took the TD and told him that I am more interested in T Jet. Then he promised to provide a TD as soon as it is launched.
    </SPAN>
    Then the waiting started, the re-launch got postponed to June and finally it was launched. Called up Ramkay FIAT and RDC, both of them offered me TD. So I took two TDs over another weekend.
    </SPAN>
    Before the TD I was a bit concerned about after effects of GC upgrade. After the TDs I was convinced that this car is still good with ride and handling and nothing much to complain about. And more over it is offering additional features that the Hondas/Skoda’s/Toyotas doesn’t have.
    </SPAN>
    Then started bargaining on the discounts, and decided to wait a bit longer for the 1 L loyalty bonus to be available for T Jet.</SPAN>

Finally by Aug first week, I heard the news. Called up Vishnu at Ramkay, he was not sure about that initially. But then he agreed to check that. He called me back in 15 minutes to confirm that the offer is available on all Linea models. Went to the showroom on the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] August and booked the Jet. Now the expected delivery date is 31[SUP]st[/SUP] August as they don’t have OB T Jet in stock.
    </SPAN>
    Now eagerly waiting for the delivery date :D</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
    13 people like this.
  2. Your post needs to be published in facebook. Enjoy your Tjet, suggest you to get door dampening done to reduce the outside noise.
    1 person likes this.
  3. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Sat-Chit-ananda,

Just curious to know; why facebook ?

And can you tell more about this door dampening
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Congratulations on your TJet booking !!

While I was reading your test drive experiance with other Cars. I read these lines in comment above, and was thinking Only a FIATIAN would know & check these departments. Others would overlook these finer details. as they are not spoilt by Fiat's Legendary Dynamics.

Cheers
    Sujit
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Sujit, What you said is really true. I was always comparing it with my Palio and my friends T Jet looking for a better one.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, congratulations for your booking
    1 person likes this.
  7. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Congratulations on your booking bsrej. Can you please give the break-up costs that you were able to negotiate?
    How is the offer of 1 L exchange bonus works. Is it above your old car costs. Can you please explain it a little bit?
    How much you were able to negotiate for your old car?
    1 person likes this.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Surya.. :-D

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Crusader.

The 1 L exchange/loyalty bonus is available if you are exchanging you car with the dealer OR if you own any FIAT car. You don't need to exchange with the dealer; instead you can give a copy of your RC and keep the car/can sell the car out side for a better price.

Yes the bonus is on top of the price of your existing car. For me the dealer offered 1.1 Lakh for my old car plus exchange bonus (which will make it 2.1 L). But I decided to sell it out side for a slightly higher price :-D
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats bsrej :)

Loved reading the post.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  10. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai