1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yet another horroble experience of fiat linea 1.3 MJD break down

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nilay, Jul 30, 2014.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Dont panic, be calm, maybe Fiat will take a lenient view on this matter . Recently I got my lIneas cooling coil changed under extended warrantly. I had missed some service schedules , but they accomodated me entirely on goodwill and gave it all free. It was pleasant surprise. Talk to the higher ups . After all the prducrt should not be living on the edge of services.. there should be some additional life built into it. so friends, lesson to be learnt is dont extend the timing chain replacement beyond 60K kms.

Abdul
    2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Nilay a service circular or notification was sent to all Fiat SCs/dealers about 60k timing chain replacement for Lineas or Punto 90hp long back. Yes it should not have failed so near 60k but technically you cannot sue Fiat as your claim will be easily rejected at the courts also. At the max. the judge can ask the company to look at your case favorably, but will not be in position to dictate them to give full replacement or free service, because technically you are at fault. Even if somehow it rules in favour for you, a company has all the time, money and resources to pursue it till end at Supreme Court where a prior judgment can be overturned.

Plead you case with Fiat and understand that you cannot dictate as a customer here. Sorry, but that's the harsh truth. :(

@Ganges, bro this is yet another indicator man. Just go for the timing chain replacement right now.. :D

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Nilay, how come you never knew fully about timing chain and warranty things.:confused: You are registered here since Jun 2011 yet this is just your second post. Would have helped if you checked TFI regularly for preventive maintenance etc.

Anyways, do let us know. Hope the car gets fixed soon. :)
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    I have my TJet since Oct. 2010 & have driven only around 16k kms. Never missed any service, in fact got the service done on or before time.

Should I get anything checked ?
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very sorry to hear about that Nilay.
    Just write a mail to Mangesh at mangesh.kodalkar@fiat.com,your problems will be addressed.
    Yes,crucial parts fail in Fiat cars,like how the clutch slave cylinder cylinder broke in my Linea at 67 k kms.Yes the car belonged to the initial batch with faulty csc and the a.s.s should have recalled my car for replacement 5 years back but they didn't.But Fiat made amends by changing the csc at my house by travelling 45 kms from the service centre.
    There are horror stories with all manufacturers,so let us at least give it to Fiat for giving you a 50 percent discount.Can you imagine VW, Skoda or Maruthi doing that?.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Speak to an ASM or SA of your local FASS about any doubts and always see that your service records and minor niggles too are noted and update in their online systems. Keep all service related paperwork including gate-passes etc. filed or stapled always. Go a few kms before printed service schedules not after and you should be OK.

Refer to your T-jet Plus manual for service schedules and major overhauls or parts change etc.
  6. nilay

nilay

Mumbai
    yes I should have followed teamfiat regularly.Paying the price for not doing it.The service done off the schedule and logically speaking the warranty can be rejected but technically that should not be the reason for the engine failuren at just 61k km and 3 yrs..As jumu has mentioned product should not be lasting only till the edge of the service. In my mail I had given a link in which its mentioned that fiats new 2012 version has a protection to engine which can result due to timing chain.Its not in previous models.

From the day one thats 1st Jul they know about my cars service schedules but they told me that my warranty claim is rejected on 25th Jul despite the surveyer visited the car site thrice and took various photos and details. Why they took 25 days for rejecting the claim for service schedule reason which they know from day 1.If they acted fast then I would have my car repaired by now.You know bomaby rain and difficulty we face without car.

My colleagues have different cars but never heard that critical component has failed in a short span of time.May be this is the issue with fiat cars which they know very well and hence they try to give the goodwill to silence the issues.

Anyway I had agreed to bare the 50% cost(ard 75k) with the protest as cant wait further and asked fiat to give RCA of the issue,Reason for the warrant decision delay and 2012 model revision.
    Will share if I get it from Fiat.

Thank you for your support.
    1 person likes this.