1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yet another FIAT joins the family - Linea 1.3 Multijet E+

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by cvanandh, Mar 1, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    +1 Johnny sir

195 65 R15 is the ideal tire for the Linea keeping in mind our road conditions.

Has anyone tried it in the Punto?

Gurjinder.
  2. Hi johnny, thanks!

I do not think FIAT will void warranty for such an upgrade. As far as I know, it is VW who claim that any tire upgrade voids warranty!

@Gurjinder, me too believe that this is the correct size for the Linea. Even I would like to know whether anyone has tried such an upgrade in a Punto.
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    VW sucks. I am sure with the spate of new cars... VW is likely to loose out. They did eat into the ANHC segment only due to the fact that people were getting a diesel Vento for the price of petrol ANHC.

Also, I have not heard FIAT voiding warranty for tyre upgrades.
  4. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
    Stepnie ?

Hello,

Can you please post some pictures of the bigger fifth type (stepnie). Does it fit into the space snugly ?

-Ananth
  5. Hi Ananth, I have not changed the stepney, have kept the OE as it is. I have hardly had any punctures in my Palio 1.2, Palio MJD or the Uno 1.7 which always ran on Michelin's and hence did not spend for the stepney.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The 195/65*15 will definitely help the Ground Clearance a bit. However, Need to check if the tyres starting scraping when the car is fully loaded.

By the way which brand of tyre did you opt for?
  7. I drove Bangalore to Coimbatore with 5 on-board and the boot filled to its limit and there were no issues of scraping. The car has clocked almost 5000kms now with these tires and hence no worries regarding any scrapping issues. :)
  8. ananth

ananth

Bangalore
    What would you do if one of the tyres went flat. I would assume you would want to replace it with the spare. In which case you would have one tyre which is shorter than the others. Is it ok ? Sorry but I am planning to buy a linea and am eager to get the GC. Have broken the radiator twice on my GTX due to stones & speed breakers.
  9. Well, if you feel you might be prone to punctures, then you can very well change the spare wheel too. I'm sure the up sized wheel will fit in correctly. There are people who have upgraded to 16 inches comfortably.

And for me, I can manage a slightly shorter spare. Do keep in mind that VW Vento comes with 15" alloys with a 14" spare wheel.

Missed one of your question in my previous post. I've installed the Michelin Primacy LC.

One more thing, no need for any apologies for asking questions! We are all here to help each other out, so keep your queries coming in. :)
  10. Completely forgot to post pictures of the reverse sensors that I had installed.

Was deferring the reverse sensors for a long time just because of the rear-view mirror. The models that I have seen so far had a huge rear view mirror with the indicators for the sensors that would be fitted over the existing mirror and they were very huge in size when compared to the original. But, I came across this new model from "Smart Eye" which has a small display unit which can be placed on the dashboard and it will fold and flip open while engaging the reverse gear. This model seemed pretty impressive and convenient hence got it fitted. Some pictures:

P5120005.jpg

The display unit:

P5120008.jpg

The display unit when the reverse gear is engaged:

P5120010.jpg

I got this sensor fitted aftermarket and costed Rs.3700/-.

The car has clocked 5200 kms now and has gone for the first service today.
    1 person likes this.