1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yes!! you can upgrade the OEM HU, solution found - bulk purchase anyone?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ajit_nair_77

ajit_nair_77

Pune
    @Italia-Linea,
    Fantastic !!!!!!
    Could you give us some more details as to how the interfacing with blue & me and steering controls were done.
    Regards
    Ajit
  2. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    @Italia-Linea,

Thank you for the reply, went and read your post and the other thread....very informative....got more details about the features of the HUs. You guys are right, I think it makes a lot of sense to replace the OEM HU.

Can you kindly suggest how easy is it to interface with steering controls? Is it just a matter of unplug stock HU and plug this JVC unit?
    What needs to be done to make the Blue&Me work?
    Can you post a pic of how does it look in the dash in daylight? I've seen the backlit one and that is perfect.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

~binu
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  3. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi @Italia-Linea, Can you point me to the part number of the dynamic/emotion faceplate? The TASS guys insist that it only comes in black color but I'd want it in the silver/gray shade in emotion trim. I searched your threads but missed it.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I bought the fascia panel directly from the Fiat Service Center. It costs Rs 228. There are two variants - the Dynamic (Gold dust color) and the Active (black). The part number that you need to get is 0059064641.
    fascia.JPG
    2 people like this.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thats good for Linear owners coz it matches with thier interior (gold dust variant) but for us (punto guys-grey colour dash) we have no option but get the black one :(

@ binu

P.S - even i have acquired and kept aside fascia plate from TASS for my probable future upgrade. (they said tat it is not available in silver colour, hence i got it painted by them matching with the interior colou of punto dash, ie. silver) PLEASE NOTE there might be variation when u get it painted..they dont promise exact colour matching :( plus you would be charged extra for the paint works.
  6. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    I think now all 2012 Puntos come with same interior color for the dash which means the active face plate ought to be silver. Any one agree?
  7. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Italia-Linea you are requested to enlighten the "Jugaad", thing which you have successfully did with your linea. And plz keep it detailed along with relevant pics.
  8. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    I am planning to upgrade my stock hu with jvc kdr 926bt. can anyone help me in figuring out the interface I need to connect my steering wheel controls. one shop guy here told me that it will cost 6000 for the can bus interface.which is generally used for skoda cars. is it correct and if yes is the shop guy telling me a high price. the fascia panel he was telling will cost 1800. kindly help
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    you can get the fascia panel from Fiat ASS for Rs 228 only. Regarding the steering interface, the only known working solution is Connects2 CTSFA004. Just ensure they don't send you STK277 adapter. You can buy that from Dynamic Sounds website or their Ebay page. Landed cost would be around 5k. Kumars Auto is their Indian dealer, but I've never been able to get a clear answer from them

---
    Sent from Tapatalk Forum app on my BlackBerry PlayBook
  10. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    thanks a lot for the reply. have you also used the same interface in your setup and the hu I am going to update is it really good