1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yes!! you can upgrade the OEM HU, solution found - bulk purchase anyone?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 11, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Excuse my ignorance, I am a newbie and didn't know this. Thank you for the information.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    instead of dash kit its better to buy the dash console of active model :)
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    No I am not planning to sell it. It cost me about 18K one and a half years ago. Sound quality can match some of the more expensive ones. That's why I was interested in the FIAT interface so that I could maintain the steering controls and also the Blue&Me Bluetooth option.
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    even if not the blue and me , the bluetooth feature in 8016bt is far better. how was your experience about that in your old car ? did you use it extensively?
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Eagerly awaiting the results bro. :)
  6. Eagerly awaiting your results, can you share your experience on the connector/converter. Does it preserve all the functionalities of the steering control? Is the blue&me connected to your new head unit?

7. Italia-Linea

Pune
    yes i did it. all steering controls work. just need to solder connectors to connect blue and me audio out to my head unit aux in.

more details :
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/aftermarket-ice/3895-exotica-red-punto-active-iced-3.html
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  8. vaibhavsethia

vaibhavsethia Timido

Gurgaon
    How to upgrade the Fiat Linea Emotion Pk Head Unit

Hi,

I am very new to the forum and have gone through the head unit upgrade done on the Punto with the lovely snaps as well.

Just need to check a few things more:
    - After the head unit change do the steering controls continue to work
    - I also want to install a couple of amps, subwoofer, etc., - need advice on the power on/ off wiring stuff

Please suggest. Help is sincerely appreciated.
  9. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Hello Italia-Linea/Phew/Gopscreative/All

I am planning to change the stock HU to something to suit my speaker/amp setup. I already put in the following components in the car but now convinced that I need to change the HU to get the best music out for the money I already spent. I think the HU is limiting the sound quality and 100% reproduction.

Vehicle Name: Punto 90 HP
    Head Unit: OEM
    Front Speakers: Rainbow DL C6.2
    Rear Speakers: Morel 6.5" Coax
    Amplifier: DD
    Monoblock: Rockford fosgate
    Sub-woofer: Infinity Reference 12"
    Damping: yes
    Wiring Kit: yes
    Overall Budget= 53K

I love the steering controls and doesn't want to loose them, I don't care all that for blue & me if the HU offers better functionality.

What do you recommend?

Cheers

~binu
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    @Binu, please feel free to check my post above(2posts above this) i have given all the details. I have retained the steering wheel controls even after changing the HU.

And you are right. whatsoever equipment you put in, you wont get satisfied unless u change the crappy oem HU