1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yes!! you can upgrade the OEM HU, solution found - bulk purchase anyone?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 11, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    You can't come here and ask us to wait. Spill the beans quick Amit!
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    lol, actually now i am an Guinea Pig, experimenting on my car.

so all music lovers will be benefited once the experiment gives good results.

the HU will be 99% Kenwood which has never ending features including time alignment.
  3. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    7046 or 8016BT?

What are the other parts of your setup - amp, components, sub?
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    X8016BT or similar. amp , compos and sub remain the same which i already have.

Morel components. JBL 75.4 amp, Ground Zero MK2 sub.

if budget permits i will bring in the mono amp too, but currently its not making sense as my JBL amp can turn mono with a switch and it gives 284watts rms @ 4 ohms.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    And I assume you'll be going with the Kenwood interface that you opened the thread with? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's just for steering remote compatibility. How would you ensure B&M to work?
  6. Italia-Linea

Pune
    thats what i am working on. there are couple of more interfaces like the PASER BLUE BACK. search it on google and you will see that it keeps the blue and me working too.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Actually I hate Blue and Me. So it's integration is the least of my concerns. I have been using Jabra SP700 since the last 2 years and damn happy with it. I plan to continue using it. It's a pity that I cannot detach B&M and sell it off separately (or can I?)

I have seen the Paser video and it does seem impressive, but I'd still like to see a real life install.
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    dont even plan to detach the blue and me. you will get a canbus error. keep it idle if you dont like it, but dont remove that blue connectors.

i too dont like it much as its buggy. the head unit has better calling features and quick search feature too similar to phone.

there is another option- connect the tel mute wire of new hu to the blue and me connector centre wire and connect the other 2 wires on the socket to a 3.,5mm pin and give it as aux in to new hu. the kenwood hu which i am planning to buy seems to have auto aux switching option when aux in power is on.

but the only glitch here is that blue and me continously stays on. lets see what happens.
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Paser BLUEBACK

@Italia-Linea

The Paser BLUEBACK is definitely promising atleast looking at the video. How are you planning to get it sourced? Any ideas about the approximate cost? Although I have not considered an ICE upgrade until now (forcing my senses to be happy with the stock HU and :eek: stock Speakers) but all this stuff is definitely luring.

Slightly Off topic, Is the HU Slot - 1 DIN or 1.5 DIN on the Punto's (not sure if Linea has a larger slot)? Was just wondering how an Aftermarket HU (Mostly black) would look on the Silver dash of the emo pk Punto. I'll probably will go with a HU that has a motorized LCD if the decision is made. Though looks are secondary when looking for decent ICE, our society calls to satisfy others senses before ours, so you'll have to wear what other like :D. Enough said, you are still the "Guinea Pig" :D and we are all locked on to your thread for more updates.
    1 person likes this.
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    There are always dash kits / fascia to 'blend in' after market HUs with your dash and make them look stock. They cost less than 2k