1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Yes!! you can upgrade the OEM HU, solution found - bulk purchase anyone?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 11, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I have this Kenwood KDC8016BT taken out from my previous car and now lying idle in my drawer. Music quality is just extraordinary, but hands free voice quality of Blu&me is way better than the Kenwood. I had a JVC bluetooth unit also in another car, and Blu&me hands free voice quality is better than that one too. No interference, static or background crackle or noise whatsoever. In fact my Galaxy S connection to Blu&Me is stable while that with Kenwood is not - on restart (phone or car), Kenwood sometimes did not reconnect.

I am interested for this interface.
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    gr8 to hear positive reviews about 8016BT. how much did it cost you? are you planning to sell it :)
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

:) I have been here only, was seeing all good things happening around and some people taking the lead and responsibility. You know we just cant keep ourself distant from teamfiat :)

As far as connecting Blue and me is concerned, the second important part is transmiting the input received to by HU to Blue and me so that proper action can be performed. Few of this actions are controlled by HU others are by BLue and ME, secondly the response from blue and me to be returned back to HU. So an HU which complies to ISO and as well as Qauadra standards will be able get blue and me connected.

Jayadev, Blue and Me is a lot more than that, its a complete OS you can install a lot many features like Ecodrive, Navigation, visual recognition (yes starting car only if you are visually recognized :D), watch out for 7.0, I wish Microsoft opens up app market for this, and then we can see a lot of apps for cars too.
    I see endless possibilities, if Microsoft or Fiat pays me, i can make it 21st Century stuff :D
  4. Italia-Linea

Pune
    as it is we cannot disconnect blue and me as it gives can bus error. but one who loves music cannot stay with OEM head unit too.
    so the best solution which i can think of period is New head unit + steering wheel control interface + aux in from blue and me.

@ Viny - even though blue and me will be capable of more functions the oem head unit currently on our car wont be able to do more than this. the ones abroad come with navi, factory amplifier etc which is different model.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Italia-Linea or viny, Do you know how blue n me is interfaced with oem HU. is it wireless? as I do not see any data connections behind the OEM hu but some analogue connections for phone audio etc.

If it is wireless connection, I believe the upgrade should be able to recognize the present setup and should work fine.

What about the security code ?
  6. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  7. Gill

Gill

Affordability is a big question here. Considering the price only a few might be interested making both worlds meet that ways.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2011
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I hope you know that Audison Bit One costs about 50k. There was an ad on another forum where it was selling for 31k.

If DSP is what you are looking at, I'd strongly suggest RockFord FosGate 360.2 or Alpine HXE 650/660. Both shall be around 16-19k
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  9. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Folks, I know the price of bitone before posting the link in the forum itself. I also saw the advertisement for 31K which i believe is now withdrawn. It is not easily affordable for me as well, however I am still researching on this topic.
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    hold on guys for some more weeks, i will be replacing the head unit with keeping all the steering controls intact + very close to retaining oem blue and me - but if not the oem blue and me then i will use a better option from head unit.

i am just too close to get this succeeded. this will cost less than 15k for good hu and below 20k for a killer hu with best SQ, DTA etc etc.