1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

'Yellow colored solenoid' signal coming up on dashboard

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by saurav, Feb 20, 2013.

1. saurav

saurav Amatore

Ever since my return from Fiat Plant Visit in Pune, I have faced this problem.

The car was sent in for 45000km service at COncorde, Dairy Circle towards Dec end. Mr. Khan a very able guy diagnosed the problem to be a faulty coil, (there are 4 of them on the front side when you open the black plastic cover). Out of these 4, the last one going from left -to-right, was at fault. It was replaced with a new one. THen again it failed around end of Jan & got it changed on 2nd/3rd Feb. But once again I'm facing this problem for the past 2days.

FOlks, could you suggest what could be wrong with the car?

2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Its a sign of glow plug failure.
    How old is your car's battery.
    I had two glow plug failure's due to a weak battery.
  3. saurav

saurav Amatore

Battery was replaced in September'12. So I don't think that should be the case.
  4. Glow plugs can bad,there is no certain time or usage that makes it predictable, i have seen new cars having glow plug failures.
  5. saurav

saurav Amatore

Btw, I was also advised to go for Clutch replacement by 50k kms. Could that be a reason?
  6. Tass folks known to recommend clutch replacements even when it is not warranted,is there any issue with the clutch?
  7. saurav

saurav Amatore

i don't think so. Haven't faced any issue with my gear at all. It has been the same 'rubbery' feel all through the ownership & I kind of like it. :)
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Clutch has nothing to do with Glow plugs,and if used properly clutch will last 100K kms and may be more.