1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

www.scroogled.com: Microsoft attacks Google

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Don't Get Scroogled! - Scroogled

Microsoft has been attacking Google constantly by means of its Scroogled campaign. In Microsoft’s online store, it offers merchandise like hoodies, T-shirts, caps and mugs that carry an anti-Google message. There is a scroogled logo in colors of Google and a Chrome logo that has hate messages against Google. For example, the mug would contain the message, “Keep calm while we steal your data”.

They also have a T-shirt which features more than 20 synonyms that includes ‘Duped, Swindled, Hoodwinked, Double crossed, fooled, cheated, beguiled, hornswoggled, bamboozled, skullduggered, flimflammed, scandalmongered, gossiped, sandbagged, suckered, ensnared, double dealt, surveilled, conned, scammed, fleeced, chicaned, sold out, extorted, wire tapped, buffaloed, humbugged and gulled. This attempt of attacking Google is a direct one.

2 people like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Deleted the google circles account yesterday. They won't let you stay anonymous on youtube as well.
    Imagine when the nickname shows in email contacts. I think it's for the best.

Bob against google (youtube) was one was the most hilarious things I have seen in a long time.

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ ☻/ This tank & Bob are against Google+
    Il███████████████████]. /▌ Copy and Paste this all over
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤.. / \ Youtube if you are with us
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Let's see how will Google respond. :)
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Only yesterday was I discussing this very thing with FastLove. It really feels ridiculous when you search something and 5 minutes later all the ads displayed on the page are related to that search query. It might be beneficial for some but personally I don't really like it. Maybe it is the sign of the times we live in - where online privacy is an oxymoron. Now youtube comments have been radically altered and you gotta have your personal info shown to comment there or something like that. And if I'm correct, there's not much of a choice too. Google+ was an epicfail and Google is now blackmailing users to make it happen.

All of this info sharing with Google should be optional. Opt in or opt out completely.

Reminds me of George Orwell's 1984. A must read for all.
  5. Jinto

Jinto Timido

Now each and every company is trying to give us free services and in the background they are tracking our each and every movement and later they monetize on it. Really really disturbing... :firey

In the mean time, if you are book worm don't miss The Circle by Dave Eggers, this talks about exact scenario which we are talking.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The site now seems off air. Don't know what happened. May be a legal action from Google?
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hahaha... you think Microsoft doesn't steal your data?? it's ridiculous. Basically they're worried sick because of the Google eco-system and their open-source model. It was no threat as a search engine, it was still not as a web-browser, but it's now no.1 mobile OS but... when it's started giving free Cloud GDrive a threat to One-Drive, giving off Office Suites for free - obviously MS was not happy, has also entered the the net-books - which dented Windows sales and is now slated to launch their Web-OS which will essentially mean that it's now really digging it's teeth right into MS flesh and bones. That's why suddenly all this hate has begun.

If you want a integrated & seem-less computing experience from your desktop,laptop & your mobile devices across platforms & apps then data has to be shared. Else just like in olden days, nothing is either connected to one-another nor any apps, which means you have to do everything from the PC which requires a OS - exactly what Microsoft wants. :)
    zenwalker likes this.