1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wrong engine number entry in RC card

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by sunilmh, Jun 18, 2015.

1. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Team,

My RC card has got wrong engine number entry ! :banghead: Chassis number is correct.

Its been almost three years, now I got to know the engine number entered in RC card is wrong !!
    Just wanted to give awareness to all members and new buyers to verify all these at initial stage

It's basically a mistake done by Concorde Motors, Diary Circle - they had given wrong entry in Invoice and rest of the other documents. So the same has been updated in RC copy !

Just seeking input from team members if they had gone through such problem,
    can I get a new RC copy with proper engine number ??

Thanks,
    Sunil
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Why don't you ask Concorde to fix it - they are the culprits who caused the whole issue. Let them fix it too. Definitely you have to fill some forms at RTO to fix this (and "lubricate" your documents to move smoothly through the govt. machinery - you know what I mean) and take your car for inspection if the RTO asks for it. If you don't feel like doing it yourself catch some driving school guy - they will do it for you.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @sunilmh,

I had similar issue when the date of mfg of my car was printed incorrectly on RC book and i found out after 2 years , when i APPROACHED DEALER (rf motors ,cochin) they charged me 700 Rs and they said if i had informed within first 6 months of receiving the RC book they would have corrected it for free.

So in your case, since it had been 3 years i am not sure you can get it corrected for free because it is our responsibility:arghh: to make sure our RC book is in line with the original details within 1 month of receiving the RC book ,since we own the car.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2016
  4. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @RaviHegde - I need to check with dealer, not sure how it goes since Fiat is moved out of Concorde Motors.

@bibin - yeah, somehow I missed to verify it, I'm ok to pay the fees for this correction
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @sunilmh,

Please get in touch concorde motors and ask them to correct it and tell them that you will pay the agent fees for the correction. They will do it.

In my case also RF motors has done it for me after they broke up the ties with Fiat, generally they have a agent who deals solely with RTO formalities and we need to pay his charges to get it corrected, generally it won't go more than 1000 bucks+ RTO charges.

Thanks
  6. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yes bibin, I spoke to Concorde Motors, and asked me to come tomorrow.

thanks for the info :)
  7. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Don't worry, One way is to write a complaint to State RTO commissioner asking for action against erring RTO officer who registered the car without checking the number details physically. The very purpose of registstion itself is to verify details & roadworthiness of the car.
    Now, after getting the engine number corrected on RC, you will have to get it corrected on insurance docs also, Legally it is a valid reason for the insurance company to refute insurance claim on this basis.

Also you will have to get it corrected on Fiat warranty claims department.
  8. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yeah, the current insurance doc also has the wrong entry, will have to submit the updated copy of RC.
    Will ask them to update all documents as well (tax invoice ..)

I'm glad that at least in service center they check engine number manually and enter into the system, and the same gets reflected in all bills, that's how i came to know my docs have got wrong entry when I been to Vector motors last week.

Insurance part - I claimed twice in first two years for bumper and windshield replacement, mostly insurance guys check only chassis number.

thank you.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sunilmh

3 years is a long time to detect the issue and blame the Insurance guy or dealer or RTO officer. Best is to get the changes done either with the help of Concorde or on your own. Blaming the RTO officer will make matters worse. Your case is strange since your Insurance docs also have the wrong details. Where is the Engine no located in the car? An etching of the same will only help in this case.

Keep us posted on the development, if possible post a pic of the engine no location.
    Deepak likes this.
  10. sunilmh

sunilmh Amatore

KA-02
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sure I'll update the details, Tomorrow I've to meet Concorde guys, spoke to them about this issue, asked me to get all documents.
    Insurance guys refer all details from RC book, so the same detail goes in that doc as well.

Engine number is located in boot (below the boot carpet lid)