1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worthy replacement to Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Sep 26, 2011.

1. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Dj- How did the installation go? did you manage to get the steering remote work? how about blue and me?
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    @Binu - I have not got the ICE installed yet. Also, I have bought the Connects2 steering remote interface kit but I'm ok to lose the Blue and Me. It cannot work out-of-the-box with an aftermarket HU. Anyway, it's a buggy and stupid system and I'm more than happy to let it go.
  3. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    how did u shell out fore the HU, also can you list the pricing for the Connects2..
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    If I understood the first part of your question correct - I paid 11.6k for the HU. Connects2 costed me 4k landed price.
  5. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Thank you @dj.nish for the reply. I am wondering how could you resist the temptation to putting all these things in the car :)

I think the JVC HU you picked up looks pretty impressive when looked at the spec and features.
    How does the sound quality compare with others in the under 20K category?

Did you buy the - "CTSFA003 Fiat Steering Wheel Control Adapter, Fiat Punto 2000-2006, Ducato 2011 Blaupunkt Hi, Mid, Low" adapter? Would it suit the Grande Punto that we have in India?
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    When I had procured all the equipment, I got busy with work and had to postpone the install. Now when I am free my installer is busy! So that's how the temptation got pushed ahead by default.

I have bought the CTSFA004 module, which is suitable for Linea/Punto in India.
  7. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Hello- @dj.nish, I've noted the TAAS faceplate suggestion, I think it is great. Does it come in the silver colour by default or do I need to paint it? I think i will go with a single DIN HU + TAAS faceplate + CTSFA004 module.

I figured out on monday the cause of me being utterly unhappy with the HU. Somebody had played around with the EQ settings which I least expected that resulted in not-so-great listening experience. All settings were configured by the installer after the setup was done and I left it that way after a few days I felt unhappy but thought it was because I became used to it and HU was the culprit. After my automobile enthsiast friend figured this out and tuned all settings, it is pretty much back to original quality.

My installer (topgear, koramangala, bangalore) does a neat job fitting double DIN HUs into Puntos, they look pretty seamless. However, he does some cutting of the plastic inside which I'd like to avoid.
  8. binu

binu Timido

Bangalore
    Hi dj.nish, Does this TAAS faceplate come in the silver/gray matching colored dash? The KHT service insists that it only comes in black color!
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Yes it does come in 2 colors. There is a Dynamic trim and an Active trim. Search the forum. I and Italia-Linea have posted the product code as well. You can buy it over the counter from the spares department.