1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worthy replacement to Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am well aware of those facts, being a victim of them once. Best is the kenny in the price bracket u have at the current moment in india

Harmony & chaos
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Specs wise I feel Alpine is better. Of course, your previous bad experience of warranty issue notwithstanding?
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

I was hoping that you have identified some one to carry it to India.

Warranty will be a problem, but as long as we can get it serviced, I think it is a fair risk worth taking.

I hope the Alpine guys in India will service the stuff we buy from US, even though they will charge for it. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong, @phew.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes they do service it but charge a bomb as they know the person has no options left, also note that the servicing provided by alpine is below average, so if anything goes wrong ur in for a long wait. Besides in india the 117 is for 18500/- after disc y not buy it from here itself if ur willing to shell 15k. Atleast u get peace of mind with warranty and stuff
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

yeah - agree that 15 and 18.5 are not much of a difference.

I can now only hope and pray that my 117 does not develops any issues :)
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Where in Mumbai can I buy it for 18.5k? And is that with B&W? The least I can see is around 20k.

Actually I'm now thinking of retaining the stock HU and going for a sound processor (Alpine PXE-H660 / RF 360.2). I do not wish to tamper with the Blue & Me, steering mounted controls and the fascia in a brand new car.
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I bought it from driven, and it is with bill and warranty

Harmony & chaos
  8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Alpine India warranty or Driven's bill and warranty?
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Obviously alpine india warranty. Store our individual warranty doesn't count.

Harmony & chaos
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@dj.Nish - after fitting the CDA 117 in my car, I have to tell you this - beg, borrow or steal, bro - but do not settle to anything else. :D

This is one gem of an HU.