1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worthy replacement to Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    CDA 117 is twice my budget!!

Clarion looks are rugged, but lack of folder browse is a pain esp. on long journeys.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Agreed - but take the fact to consideration that the HU is the heart of the system. You can build your system in any way you like, centering on HU.

When i started plan to ICE my car, i started with plan ot getting JBL 333 - it was super affordable, and had what I need in a glance. But the more I started understanding about ICE, I realised it will be a cardinal mistake to center my ICE on 333, so I chucked caution out of my window and ordered a CDA 117.

If it is twice of your current budget, wait for few months and add some more to ur current budget, but get a CDA 117. You will never regret it.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Replies up there
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Nish,

Its jvc KD-R826BT...

Shashank
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Personal perceptions vary, and for me, I will go for JVC if I am going for a budget setup, but will stay away from JVC if i am going for a good setup.

Since you already know what TA can do, i do not think this JVC will impress you.

How good is the availability of Kenny 7016? Heard it is not available off the shelf.
  6. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    My setup is by no means budget, but not crazily expensive as well. I will have components in both front and rear (one of which will be Illusion Electra) - all powered by a 4 channel amp, a subwoofer (powered by a mono amp) and my music is FLAC converted to 320 kbps mp3s.

TA is an important feature and more so in a sedan when it's self driven. I do not wish to compromise on this feature. So I would prefer to have a mid-range HU and hence thought of the budget as 10-12k.

However, if I can get an Alpine CDA 117 from the US at their prices ($300) I would jump and pay 15k INR right away.

Even I have heard the restricted availability of Kenny 7016. I have written to them and expecting a reply on prices and places to buy from.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

8. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    That's what I meant bro! I know the price is $300, but the landed price in India varies between 19.5-22.5k.If there's someone coming down who can bring it for me, or I can get it for INR 15k, I would happily pay!
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    but then what about warranty, do u get international warranty too
  10. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Whether you buy it from US and bring it to India or get it through Ebay Global / Shop Your World / ICC etc. international warranty is not applicable. Well technically it is, and to avail you have to ship the HU back to US at your own expense. Hence, for practical purposes, I call it "n.a"