1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worthy replacement to Clarion DXZ 785 USB

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by dj.nish, Sep 26, 2011.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    So I'm looking to replace the legendary Clarion DXZ 785 USB. I absolutely love this HU, except for the lack of folder browsing thru' remote and the military/old-school looks. Also, the text scroll/display is very ancient.

Needless to say, the next guy in should be able to at least match all the features, if not surpass them. My budget is upto 10k. And I'm averse to Pioneer :)

Basic requirements:
    - 1 DIN
    - Bluetooth not required
    - Natural sound reproduction (hence Pioneer not welcome)

MUST HAVEs:
    1. USB and iPod functionality (most of my music is played off via USB flash disks). However, I would prefer a discreet in-the-glove box kind of arrangement vs. in-your-face Front USB
    2. Time alignment
    3. *High voltage* 3 RCA pre-outs
    4. Compatibility with factory/OEM Steering mounted controls
    5. Detachable face plate

NICE TO HAVEs:
    1. FLAC support :)
    2. Animation :)

So what are my choices?
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much are u selling the current clarion for, I am in for buying one if u are selling, pm me the price.

As for the new hu, unfortunately no hu can match it in tht price range, the best option us kenwood 7016 and next is alpine 117

Harmony & chaos
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@dj.nish : i agree with Jasween - the two alternatives you can look are kenny 7016 and Alpine CDA 117 - unless you want to go for a pre used Eclipse CD7200 MKII
    OT:

@Jasween - check this out - you may like this: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-used-for-sale/10563/Delhi NCR/Clarion-DXZ785USB.html/
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Nish,
    I would recommend you a HU of JVC made with Bluetooth Functionality @ 11.5 K . I Just installed in my 1.3 Active.
    Its Very Much VFM...
    Shashank.
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems a good option but would not be anywhere near the dxz with regards to sq our sound output.

Harmony & chaos
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Model no please?

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

Guys - how about this? Its for 12k shipped to India
    Kenwood KDC-X595 (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33489_Kenwood-KDC-X595.html)

EDIT - Looks like it does not have TA

---------- Post added September 27, 2011 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was September 26, 2011 at 11:42 PM ----------

Kenwood KIV-701 looks so delicious! Alas it's double my budget!
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_33454_Kenwood-KIV-701.html
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Y not just give the kenwood kdc-7016 a try its got all the features u need except for TA, and costs 11k, below 10k only jvc, sony, pio's(maybe) will satisfy ur needs

Harmony & chaos
  9. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    TA in DXZ785 has spoilt me - even in a Getz. I'd like to believe that it will do wonders in Tjet! Esp. when I plan to have components in both front and rear.

EDIT - The Kenwood India page of 7016 says it has TA?
    http://india.kenwood.com/products/car/1din/kdc-x7016/index.html

Pio and Sony are a strict no-no. Maybe JVC as well. That leaves me with Clarion, Alpine and Kenwood.

If nothing, then it's 7016, though I read on another forum that they arent readily available.

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

Abhinav and I had purchased this HU at the same time.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

bro, stick with CDA 117 - I think it will be a worthy upgrade from your Clarion.

Btw - I LOVE the military\rugged looks of that Clarion :)