1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth the Wait !!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by joeswatmail, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi everyone,
    Today morning I sent a mail to Fiat asking for an update on my complaint.
    Later I called up the SA at Manakular Motors Pondicherry. He told that till yesterday no stocks turned up. He also said he will check today and let me know.
    Then I called the Fiat customer care person and asked for an update on the issue. He put me on hold and connected me in a conference call with tha SA in pondicherry. ( I feel that CC does nothing but this). Then I told I have already spoken with my dealer SA and I wanted to know the reason for the delay from Fiat CC. He told he will inquire and update me shortly...
    Then i got a reply for my mail. It was the exact same message that I received a week ago.. With the same alignment too...

My dealer SA called me an hour back saying there r no stocks yet and Fiat has assured that it glitterati gold 90hp will be in stock in a couple of days.

I don't know wat to say to him...
    Everytime people around me ask about the car, i don't know wat to say. Coz i have nothing to say...
    2 weeks and not a single Evo 90hp glitterati gold assembled in the factory...

And I read a news this morning stating that Fiat India has imported a 500L mpv for research via ckd...
    Again to my original question...
    "how long to wait? "
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @joeswatmail, everytime I see a new post by you I expect a good news & every time I find the same story.I don't know how to express my feelings but surely this is not expected from FIAT.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    Have patience and wait.. That's all we can say. But do not back off from the claim to get the bank interest for the waiting period. We don't get anything free, so why should we be liberate ? The main problem is the dealers don't reveal the real fact to the customer. Each time they come up with a different lame excuse which we know is not the fact.

But I'm sure once you enjoy the beauty, all the bad experiences would be erased from your thoughts. And that's why we enthusiasts call it "Fiat Magic" :joyful:.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Very disappointing,I don't think the dealer would pay you interest,what ever ruckus you may create,this is after all their modus operandi,anyways wish you get your car atleast in march.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @joeswatmail

Have you expressed your displeasure on Fiat India FB page? If not, I think you should do it.
    PradeepM likes this.
  6. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Bala... hoping so...

@ghodlur
    I don't want to do that to Fiat... yet...
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    joeswatmail likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely understandable.I had similar experience, however in my case the Fiat Customer Service was able to work internally with the dealer and sort the delivery issue. Hope things work out soon for you mate.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-new-linea-2014.13852/page-4#post-841931434

Looks like sandipan provided the wrong link by mistake , here is the appropriate one for your reference.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/fiat-avventura-test-drive-review.13191/page-87
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM
    Thanks man...
    I contacted V Kannan and trying to sort issues out.
    Today my SA called and said 1 evo 90hp glitterati gold is showing up in stock and hopefully it will be billed for me by tomorrow. If so, he might send the VIN number tomorrow night.
    I don't know how things work... My order has been in Queue for nearly 3 months and about 3 Evo 90hp gold have gone past in the month of Jan, to other showrooms (where there customers waiting in line in front of me or was I cut in line?).
    Baffling thing is the Dealer has no clue whether the order he places would be booked or not?
    Is it so complicated?
    Out of curiosity, Can anyone explain how this order booking and billing thing actually works?
    PradeepM likes this.
  10. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    From what ever I learnt by probing various folks during my buying experience the VIN is assigned to the dealer only before loading the car into the truck at the plant. Dealer should be able to confirm to you if the billing is already complete or not. In your case somehow I sense that the billing did not happen and hence the delay in dispatch.
    Also a point to note is that other dealers in the same city are able to deliver cars which pushes my suspicion to the following scenario.
    There are some dealers who default in payments and FIAT for obvious reasons is not too keen to allot vehicles to the indent raised by them. If the dealer is able to provide you the VIN by tomorrow this means your car is ready to be transported. I got the VIN on Saturday 14 Feb and the car reached the dealers stockyard by 16 Feb Monday.
    The lead time (provided the accounts of the dealer are clear) from the time the order is placed to get the VIN number is approximately 10-15 working days if the vehicle is in stock. There is a daily stock report generated by the plant and circulated to all the dealers across the country. Based on this report the dealer forecasts the anticipated delivery date at the time of booking.
    All the buying experience goes for a toss when you pay the booking amount to the wrong dealer , however there is no way we as customers would know which dealer has a better financial clearance with FIAT. We can help new customers at least by highlighting the name of the dealer and the city.
    Other factors what I got to know is that each dealer will have to get a truck of their own and they do not share transportation even when in the same city.This means FIAT is expected to ship the vehicles only when they have a truck full of order from a dealer to manage the cost of handling.
    Push your SA to share evidence that the order is indeed placed.Drop an email or call FIAT customer care asking for explanation on delays and you will get all the needed clarity.
    Also when the full payment is not made by the dealer the car is dispatched only with 1 key from the plant . In such cases usually the dealers clear the remaining payment post the delivery of the car after they receive the full payment from the customer. The plant then dispatches the second key to the dealer and the normal turn around time is about 4 weeks.
    A fellow forum member vidhyashankar got complete clarity about the delays when he called FIAT directly. He updated his experience on the Avvy thread.
    Similarly you can check my ownership thread as well where I have captured the dealer experience in the last page.
    joeswatmail likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.