1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth the Wait !!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by joeswatmail, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Why don't you approach the SA at the dealership showroom itself? Warn the SA that the booking will be cancelled if he doesn't give any update within next XX hours and see the SA running around trying to make arrangements for you. Is this the only dealer available in Pondicherry, any alternatives? Cant you get the car from Chennai with Pondicherry registration?
    joeswatmail likes this.
  2. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @joeswatmail the situation is really frustrating for you.Did you call FIAT customer care helpline 18002095556?If not please call them immediately & complain with all the details.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur, @Sandipan
    Thanks for the suggestions... I just called the SA and told him that if he isn't able to give me a tentative date of delivery of car... I will be escalating the problem to Fiat directly...
    In reply he said that he has 6 vehicles that arrived yesterday and that he got the VIN numbers of them only yesterday...
    There seems to be an issue with "Dms" (i don't understand that) which is why he hasn't received VIN numbers of any of the vehicle so far. Fiat has told it will take 2 days to rectify this issue. He also said the truck with 4 vehicles (including mine) has crossed sholapur. But he couldn't connect with the driver so far...
    I asked him that can he assure me these informations with a mail. He politely said yes... Today evening I will mail u the details and also the status of the transit truck...
    His replies sound so genuine... But.... My patience is under pressure....
  4. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    it will be worth the wait....buddy...

it seems team fiat members take pride in earning a fiat then buying a one.......:)
    joeswatmail likes this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @joeswatmail, One suggestion if you can ---.
    Go to the dealership.Inspect the 6 vehicles that has arrived yesterday.Check those 6 cars to get assured yourself that the SA did not bluff(about arrival of 6 cars). And finally if there is a 90 HP & you can cahange the option then press the dealership for that car.

Read the story of 'sunil216' in the AVVENTURA ownership thread(http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-long-tale-of-getting-avvy-in-himachal.13752/) and you will understand why I am suggesting like this.Please update.
  6. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya sandipan, I have read sunil216 ' thread. I am a little far from home doing my post graduate. So i wouldn't be able to personally visit the showroom anytime soon... May be this weekend... Lets see... But i am never going to change my option. Its 90hp glitterati gold or nothing...
    prabhjot and sandipan_r15 like this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    :):):):):):):):):):):):)
  8. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    hi @joeswatmail
    Too bad that your waiting time is getting prolonged...
    And your waiting time is scaring me :confused:... i had requested for a delivery of my car on the third week of february...
    My dealer told me yesterday said that the colour i have asked for, Magnesio Grey is not available as of now :arghh::arghh::arghh: and he is not sure when it would be available :banghead:...
    Cheers
    Vijayakumar
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @vijayakumar
    Hi...
    The SA told me that the 2015 stocks of glitterati gold have started to get added up in the pune yard by Jan 23rd... And my car was booked for transit last week... And now he has told me that the truck is stranded outside Solapur, sorting out some permit issue... I got irritated and started enquiring about cancelation and refund. He said very politely that he is not delaying purposefully and that he will be mailing me all the details of yhe the issues to me tomorrow. He also added that the VIN number issue will be sorted out by tomorrow evening and that he will let me know as soon as he gets it.
    The tentative date of arrival of the truck to pondicherry is 20th February.
    Don't be worried. Though its frustrating, I have decided not to lose my temper and starting to boss around the SA at the Dealership.

Coz' its not going to fasten things up... In my case, the delay was a little genuine... From the day I booked the car, (28th November 2014),I was persistent on buying 90hp glitterati gold evo. Which went out of stock by the first week of December 2014. And Fiat stopped production and assembly for the year. The SA personally showed me all the mail that he received from Fiat, stating the same. He also openly said that I will get the car only by the last week of January 2015. Though very disappointing, he also reassured me that it will be a 2015 model. Ok I took it positively...

The problem now is, he hasn't provided the VIN number, which should have arrived 10 days back and this Truck delay issue.
    The one that was most irritating was that 1 truck arrived today with 2 Punto dynamics, 1 linea classic, 2 linea, 1 Avvy.
    But my car is not in this lot.....

Ok I think I am ranting too much...

The bottom line is...
    I am learning to be more patient and vigilant at the same time. I would advice you to do the same..

Cheers mate..
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hey guys...
    SA called me today evening and told..
    "sir, i got the information on your vehicle. Its will be arriving by the first week of March. "

Me:" what"
    SA: "none of the 4 vehicles in that truck headed to the showroom is a evo 90hp glitterati gold. You order has not yet been billed in factory yet"
    Me: "......"
    SA: "sir there were only 3 90hp gold were in stock at pune and it got billed to some other showroom."
    Me: "20 days back you told that gold 90hp stocks started to arrive and my car is billed"
    SA: "sir from our side we ordered ur car by the first week of Jan. We saw stocks getting billed, and thought ot was for us and it will come here. But it turns out that it was billed to someone else."
    Me:???
    SA: " Sir our area sales manager told gold 90hp is yet to be manufactured and then only it will be back in stock. It may take another 20 days"
    Me: "I have nothing to say to you, I will call you back"

Called Fiat customer services. (thank you Sandipan_r15). Explained everything from the beginning. Conference call made to the Manakular showroom SA.
    During the call the Fiat CC person was very quiet and the SA and me had all the conversations we had for the past 2 months again.
    Finally he said all fault is with Fiat and they can do nothing.

I ordered on Nov 27th 2014, and it turns out that they have given away the 3 evo gold manufactured on first come first serve basis .
    The showroom person doesn't even know what vehicles are being billed... What vehicles are being sent to them from the yard...
    And fiat has failed to see the that a customer is being waiting for his car and make it according to the back orders...

Just 3 90hp gold manufactured in a month???

I am losing hope, patients and most importantly my trust in Fiat...
    The sad thing is
    Everytime the SA calls to tell something disappointing, my family laughs at the choice I made (Fiat) and they bad mouth Fiat. And every time I dedend Fiat..
    Not anymore...
    @vijayakumar R... All the best mate... I wish u get ur evo soon...
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.