1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth the Wait !!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by joeswatmail, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    sweeeet
    joeswatmail likes this.
  2. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @vijayakumar R, hi, this is just an update. I got a call from the Dealer today saying that the stocks of 2015 fiat lineup have started to arrive... And I would have to pay the revised price of the car... Although I have paid the full amount as per 2014 quotation, which actually was 7,61,213.
    The new on road price... With all the offers (free Insurance, cash payment discount and corporate discount) comes to 7,76,213. ...
    Now i feel that I should not have paid the full amount couple of months ago.... I should have got good interest from bank...
    Am kind of disappointed about the payment problems and little excited to hear my Punto will arrive soon...
    Mixed feelings...
  3. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on your upcoming ride @joeswatmail.
    Yeah, it sure won't be pleasing when something unexpected happens. But perhaps this price rise was expected.
    Since the car is 2015 manufactured, FIAT would have invoiced the dealer with the revised price and naturally that will come to us from the dealer.
    Lets just say that you are paying a bit more for the latest ride :happy:, cheers
    so, when exactly are you taking delivery of your car ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 27, 2015 ---
    one more doubt @joeswatmail
    what do you mean by cash payment discount ?
    joeswatmail likes this.
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    You may ask for the VIN of the car and confirm it is 2015 make (again at PDI) before making the additional 15,000₹.
    joeswatmail and prabhjot like this.
  5. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @vijayakumar R... Thanks.. The Dealer Said he is offering me a discount of 15k for paying the full amount in cash... I hope that's wat he meant (correct me if am wrong) this discount was given to me in the previous quotation too...
    @limraj sure, I will be checking into that...
  6. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi! Deal / Price is final when invoice raised by dealer has VIN number of allotted vehicle. In your case, the vehicle was not in stock when you paid for it. Hence your vehicle will have taxation as per new rules since the dealer will get invoiced by Fiat when new rules are in effect. This will have a cascading effect in purchase price that you are paying & is the difference your dealer is asking from you.

Note that this is standard procedure across all companies & nothing to do with Fiat in particular. Enjoy your new vehicle.

Regards

Amit
  7. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    In this past 2 months, I have been going through many Evo ownership reviews... I found a few niggles that were very common like the 'slight steering pull to left', and 'the audio player electrical issues ' ; my question is, what is the chance that Fiat would have looked into these problems and rectified it in the 2015 batch?
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chance is there that these problems have been rectified & hence the delay in the 2015 batch. Let's hope so--atleast.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi...
    This is an update.
    The Dealer rang me up today and said that my car is booked but he has not yet received the VIN number.
    He also assured me that once the car is dispatched from the factory yard, they will receive the VIN number. I told them to see that, it doesn't turn out to be a 2014 make.
    Am really tired of waiting...
    Has anyone taken delivery of the 2015 EVO yet?
    prabhjot likes this.
  10. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Fed up waiting for the VIN number, I called the SE today at noon 2.pm. He didn't pick up. Ok may be he is having lunch (I thought to myself). Ok... I called him again at 5pm... He didn't pick up.. But texted me saying "Sir i am in meeting right now. Will get back to you after"
    He called me back by 8.45pm. "sorry sir, was in a meeting. It got over just now. We have ordered 9 vehicles from the plant. 6 have arrived in a truck this afternoon... Ur order and 2 more r yet to arrive."
    I asked about the VIN number.
    He said " there is some error showing up... So i couldn't get your VIN number."
    Damn...
    My question is... Does a meeting at Fiat showroom go upto 8pm?
    The reason for my doubt is twice before he has said the same reason.. Once he said they were at a video conference meeting with Fiat people (it was for 8 hours)...
    I don't know what to say...
    Is Fiat scrutinizing the showrooms so much?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.