1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth the Wait !!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by joeswatmail, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    One look and any body will be humbled. That's a looker, congratulations @joeswatmail for a cracker of a car.
    Happy mile munching!
    joeswatmail likes this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    joeswatmail likes this.
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @joeswatmail,After returning from duty I found you(logged in) in the forum(in between 2pm & 3pm).Thought of asking about the delivery but restrained myself coz the 100th post was awaited.And I exactly expected this---pic of the car in the 100th post.
    I won't congrat, as you deserve much more than that.My respect to jewel of a gentleman and his ocean like patience.
    A gem of a car for gem of a person.
  4. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks guys...
    @sandipan_r15, thanks especially for not posting the 100th post.... Great men think alike (hence proved)
    At the showroom, I bought a veg puff for all the 33 workers there and a sweet box for the SA...
    PDI and test drive took a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes ... SA was very patient and helpful. Great demo, the SA was pretty knowledgeable. Felt a little bit of left pulling on the drive. SA said it was due to over inflated tires... And he was right... Sorted it out, and pulling issue was solved.
    Since they gave me the interest amount of 9.5K, they were hesitate to gime me any more free perks.
    Then after a few negotiation, got floor mats and mud guard.
    Sorted the paper work. Took delivery after a little puja (though we don't do it, I did not want to interfere with cultural customs)
    Was happy to hear 2 things,
    1. Only 2 gold EVOs have been sold by them. One is in cuddalore and one (MoJo) in pondicherry.
    2. I am the only customer who came alone and took delivery of the car till date.
    Coming to think of it, the second thing is not that happy. Due to unavoidable official work, my dad and mom weren't able to come, my wife cant travel with the baby that's almost ready to be delivered .
    When I told my dad "I will take delivery of the car tomorrow when u r free..."

My dad said with a smile, "why do you need me for that? Its time for u to step up, u r gonna be a dad, and u don't need this dad watching over u anymore... Do you?"
    Off, i went and after taking delivery from the showroom, I went to pick up my parents from work.
    Their colleagues were stunned by its sheer beauty and I was happy to see my dad getting in the car with pride and a little smug on his face...
    We went to church to get the car blessed, and went to have ice cream at the beach.
    A person driving white Evo in beach, coming the otherway, pointed at my MoJo and smiled...
    What a day...
    That was a day to remember...
    Sorry for the poor pics...
    uploadfromtaptalk1426962788224.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1426962262465.png uploadfromtaptalk1426962398142.png uploadfromtaptalk1426962610629.png
    limraj, prabhjot, murugusec and 7 others like this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now I know from where you have got this patience & cool head.
    varunrtr and joeswatmail like this.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Many congratulations to you. Wish you a very happy and safe miles.. Keep us updated on your on road experiences.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Hearty congratulations
    On all fronts...
    joeswatmail and asimpleson like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Like @Bala said congrats on all fronts. Just one suggestion, the beauty looks so worth preserving, buy a cover in case you haven't yet. :)

Request Mods to finally edit thread title. @joeswatmail please suggest one.
    joeswatmail likes this.
  9. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks @pdash, @Bala, @asimpleson
    I am not able to change the title of this thread. If I could, it will be "it was worth the wait....."
    Or am ok with locking this thread.
    I will start my ownership thread in a couple of weeks...
    Again... Thank you all... U r a Boon to Fiat and its Fans...
  10. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Send a PM to one of the mod, they will help for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.