1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth the Wait !!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by joeswatmail, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi guys and girls...
    I booked a Punto Evo 90hp glitterati gold on the last week of November 2014. I was promised delivery by mid December 2014. A couple of weeks later they told there are no stocks of glitterati gold 90hp for 2014 and also said I have to wait for the 2015 production vehicle by mid January.
    I've been enquiring the dealer (Manakular Motors pondicherry) every week and he says stocks have not been updated for 2015... Not just Punto Evo 90hp, every model in Fiat portfolio ..

Is it true? If yes, i wonder how long it takes for the manufacturing and assembly of any car by Fiat? Or what is the cause for this delay...
    Has anyone taken delivery of a 2015 car from fiat yet?
    Regards...
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  2. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Its a standard inventory management practice followed by many companies across car industry... they want the inventory to be cleared first before start manufacturing a car new year... you will have to wait for 15 more days before you get your car.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @joeswatmail

Yes, it is not about how long it takes to manufacture a car and transport it, it's about managing both the supply chain and the inventory, since that is what REALLY determines a car firm's costing/pricing, especially if they aren't the sort of firm that runs at full capacity all the time, with nearly all their cars selling hot in the marketplace. i.e., if they're not Maruti, Honda or Hyundai.
    Robin and joeswatmail like this.
  4. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP

That is rather disappointing....
    I never thought i would have to wait so long for a Fiat....
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Girls???...!,in TFI???
    Be patient,I can understand your anguish and I do agree that restlessness is an after effect of booking a Fiat car.
    Your car will certainly arrive since people are not falling over each other to buy a Fiat car.
    bharath, Robin, jumu and 4 others like this.
  6. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I know there are :rolleyes:
  7. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on booking a Punto Evo 90Hp.
    When i went in for a purchase of Evo 90HP at Torrid Fiat, Andheri i was told that the Fiat plant in Pune was shut till 10th Jan and the production begins then on. This i was told when i asked for a delivery of my car in the 3rd week of Feb, to justify a 40 day waiting period.
    I wonder, you had booked your car in the month of Nov 2014, Now your showroom has told you that there is no stock of 2014 model and you would be delivered a 2015 model, and the government has imposed an excise cut of 4% more on automobiles starting from Jan 2015, does this mean you will have to pay more too ?
    And were you getting any offers at the time of booking on 90HP ?
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thank you vijay, I had paid the full amount for my Punto a month and a half ago.... Insurance was free and total came to about 755000...
    I don't think I need to pay the extra tax...
  9. VijayakumarR

VijayakumarR Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    755000 ?, the total, on-road price ?:confused:
    joeswatmail likes this.
  10. joeswatmail

joeswatmail Amatore

Pondicherry
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ya Mr. Vijay, its the on road price without extras...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.