1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth Opening Dealership?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Kaushik Talauliker, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My suggestion - Invest your money in opening a multi car brand service station and support Fiat car owners with Spares and Service.

With no clear strategy on new car launches from Fiat, I would not put my money on opening Fiat 3S facility.
  2. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @sidnaique @Kaushik Talauliker Where are you guys servicing your Fiats? I am planning to buy a Punto Evo. Went to the location given on Fiats website and theres nothing there. I called up the number and they said the outlet is now in Tonca,Panaji. What should I do? I really want to buy the Evo but without a service center nearby its going to be a bad experience. I know a guy from Porvorim who does know a lot about fiat cars and services them at his place. He has got some training from Italy and is a mechanical engineer by qualification. But Initially a service center is a must. I heard Sid goes to belgaum for servicing but that's just really too far for just a routine service.
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. Kaushik Talauliker

Kaushik Talauliker Novizio

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    You need not go to belgaum or any out of station for servicing. My Mjd has clocked 93000km and still going strong under SA Mr Pritam at Auto Industried Arlem Mob:-9923727852. He is very informative helpfull and yes Fiat service at Arlem has changed since FCA said TATA to TATA. I do my regular service since March 2009 at Auto Industries Arlem. Many customer in Goa they think Auto Industries means TATA but no they have dedicated SA / mechanics / bay for Fiat. You can please cross check with SA Mr Pritam on above number he will guide u. Fiat is the most cheapest car to maintain periodically (not considering Toyota) mark my words as we have hyundai / maruti / Ford / Nissan / Honda and i personnaly visit for the service. Only difference you will find VIP treatment in other service station which i don't consider during buying car. Of course i wont get commission from my write up , Just go for Evo its the best car in its segment.
    prabhjot and gpunto75 like this.
  4. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    They are not giving me enough discounts. @Turbothinghy got 75000 off on on road price while here I am given 45000 that too after I attach a RC book photocopy of an old fiat product. Can u give me an idea about prices in Goa.
    Also about the on road service. Have u faced any unfortunate breakdowns on road?
  5. Kaushik Talauliker

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I did face 2 times break down. One was my fault due to external wiring for my speaker and one my battery drain. Prices I am not sure what they do abt the price won't be able to figure it out. just go for it don't loose evo for some price diFerness. there is no competat or in this segment for the build quality and dynamics it just superb.
  6. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Prices are not that much of a problem. Just the question of what happens incase the car breaks down on a road 100kms from the nearest Fiat service center. Normal garages can repair it? Have u done repairs outside Auto Industries?
  7. Kaushik Talauliker

Margao Goa
    Margao - Goa
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Sorry I don't have any idea about local repair . As I do all my service at authorised stations. Local service will also depend what kind of repair you are asking for.

You can open new thread for his information
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  8. chandu.paladugu

chandu.paladugu Timido

Bangalore
    Outside garages/ Mechanics can repair as most are familiar with MJD unit which is there in a host of cars. issue is with the spare part availability. if you have access to spares, any decent garage can help.

As other members has highlighted .. Punto will make you feel special as long as you drive it.
  9. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Kaushik Talauliker I have spoken to other Fiat owners and they said the Goan service center was unable to resolve major issues in the cars and lack equipment too. Did u face any major issues?
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Goa
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Kaushik Talauliker I had written to fiat asking them to open up more service centers in Goa. They've said a new exclusive fiat dealership is planned for Goa along with other states. You should try and get into contact with them if you are interested in joining hands for the same.
    Until I see evidence of it handing I've decided to hold on for some time before getting a Evo.
    Hopefully within a couple of months they get it opened. Specially with Jeep coming back.