1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth a Concern??? Opinions needed please!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shikhar10882, Aug 18, 2012.

1. HA HA HA....
    You know what.. it is my continuously growing love for the car that makes me concerned about these points...
    or else.. who cares..
    You are right... I think I should grow out of it!!!
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    shikhar, I would suggest doing PTM (pedal to metal) driving in your Jet (only where its possible) and then look in the rear view merirror. I am sure you would stop looking at the small spot on the steering as you would be happy to see that all other traffic is far behind you. My Jet has touched around 2K and I enjoy watching the rear view mirror after doing PTM driving
  3. @speedJet: never done PTM, but yeh, sometimes it is irresistible to supress the desire to make hey take off... done that a couple of times on delhi - gurgaon nh 8 and dnd flyway.. intend to let her horses free on yamuna expressway that i plan to take to agra at the end of this month...
    When she roars, the view in the rvms actually remind me of the days i used to play NFS and drive lam diablo SV in hometown... ;)
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    wow.. I have just one thing to say. Your car is lucky. The car has got such a wonderful owner :)
  5. @naveen2cool: One Word... Flattered I am with your kind words!!
    But on the other hand, the fact is, that it is not me.. but the car herself...
    She is such a companion that you cannot help but keep her as papered as you can!!!

UPDATE: (Kind Attn: @shams)
    I had talked to the TASS guys a couple of days back. As shams had pointed out, the spare were not readily available but the let down was the information, that these buttons are not individually replaced, but come as a part of the complete steering mounted control system. The whole electrical assembly of the steering would require a change and the cost of replacement parts alone will some some 5~6 K RS. (Labor cost and taxes extra).
    This information put a seal on my decision of keeping is as it is for the time being - after-all, I do not want the whole system to be tempered with!!!
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its always a big bomb to pocket whenever it comes to steering,in my initial days of punto the wiper stalk was broken just for the wiper stalk change TASS advised me to change the whole set costing me about 9K INR,hence got the after market wiper stalk @2500INR from Kava automobiles.
    So be carefull with steering handling :D
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. @Ganges: thanks for the pointer sir!!!