1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Worth a Concern??? Opinions needed please!

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shikhar10882, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Today, while driving back from office, i noticed a mark on the steering wheel mute button... not much.. but it stands before the eyes, especially now that I have noticed it..

IMG-20120818-00158 copy.jpg IMG-20120818-00159 copy.jpg

It is definitely not a external agent, and seen under Bright LED lights, it seems more of a 'Polish wearing off'....
    My questions here are:
    1. Is it mendable? if yes, please advice how..
    2. Is it worth the concern?
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sorry but i am a bit like - :confused: :???: :confused regarding what exactly the issue is.
  3. @gurjinder: that's got-to-be one of the coolest way of saying "what the heck man... Why are you concerned about the thing that is not even noticible"...
    I agree that the patch is small but, once I have noticed it, my eyes keep traveling back to it...
    So what I want to know is... Is there any cure of this, what seems to be the mat finish chip off from the button???
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like you might have accidently done it with your nails! those steering controls on both sides of the hornpad are two separate parts. you can try to replace it. hopefully it should not cost much but i don't think it 'll be readily available at SCs.
  5. Replacement... !!! shall check out the availability first thing tomorrow morning!!! thanks @Shams!!!
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    My opinion - ignore it. First of all it is very small, secondly I do not really trust TASS to fix it properly (replacing or painting it)
    1 person likes this.
  7. @speedJet: I have similar concern... I mean, with it being replaced at a TASS, I will be worried about the other wobbles and smoothness of the operation by the unit, not to mention, the care with which they will be doing it, not to damage the remaining parts..
    but... on the other hand...
    I guess someday I will have to overcome these fears, as for (at least) sometime to come, my car is gonna be serviced there only!!!
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I am not sure if you have visited any TASS and see them working. From what I have seen, I firmly believe that one should only get a problem fixed if it is an issue i.e. why fix something that is not broken and invite more headaches. If TASS engineer does not have experience in doing this job you are inviting trouble and may end up with more scratches and bad finish. On the other hand, if this is a job which has been earlier handled by TASS (such as oil change, O-ring issue, etc) then it would have been a different issue
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    3 people like this.
  9. I have been there... and seen.. and that is why I am worried about handing over my italian to their hands for finer jobs...
    BTW,... do lemme know if you come across any alternate so that it does not pinch me everytime I look at my steering wheel!!!
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Stick a small sticker on the steering which says " Please don't look at me while driving" . ;)

Just enjoy your JET mate. It's one of the coolest cars in the country. Forget these things.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.