1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

worried to become disappointed with my own choice

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by sageeshr, Feb 9, 2015.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am a little worried to realize that becoming disappointed with my own choice Punto 90 HP Sports.There was very high objections in family about my decision to go with FIAT. It is only 10 months 19 days old and visited service centers for more number of times other than scheduled.Issues are keep coming one after other,not sure it happens only with me.Would not like to listen the reason as 'handling',my sold Alto was an answer for it.Believe it or not there were people get stunned when I say it is 11 years old:)

Anyway still hopeful especially considering the support getting from service centers in Bangalore.

Below are the issues in list so far,

1.Noice from wheels - There was a whistle sound coming from wheels identified after 2 weeks of delivery(Fixed from KHT)
    2.Tube of water sprayer - Tube of water sprayer came out after 1.5 months from delivery(Fixed from Aadya - 2 times)
    3.Coolant tank valve - Valve got cut and coolant emptied,luckly noticed before engine getting seized(Fixed from Vecto just before 2nd service)
    4.Central locking issue - Central locking stopped working and it turned to be even worse when manual option not available (Fixed 2 times,Vecto and later from KHT )
    5.Heavy sound from hatch door - There is very heavy sound coming from hatch door,sounds like glass not fit well.Checked very well and could not identify from where the problem coming(Yet to take to service center)
    6.Back rest handle at driver seat - The plastic handle at driver seat found lying under seat in this morning (Yet to take to service center)
  2. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    It's true that as an owner who have shed his hard earned money, any issue big or small is worth worrying. But among the issues listed above, only number 3 seems to be somewhat an issue. For a car under one year, that problem is weird. Valve got cut ...?:confused:
    prabhjot and rishike007 like this.
  3. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No. 4 also seems to be a recurring problem in recent Fiat vehicles. However, let me tell you some nagging problems can happen with any manufacturer's car. I had faced endless problems with my previous car. I have heard about horror stories of very high end super expensive cars too. Certain batches of components/cars come with problems and they trouble the owners. Fiat's problems look magnified because Fiat buyers buy it with lot of expectations. You have done your research and committed your hard earned money to this brand. Now the best you can do is hammer the service station to get the issues fixed when the warranty lasts. I feel you should be ok as long as you don't face problems like coolant problem again.
    Deepak, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The moment you start worrying over a Fiat you are on a slippery slope. Chances are you will have a scarring experience more in the future. Like @RaviHegde said, keep continuous follow-up and let them FASC people also know via email about these issues your car has faced or is facing time and again. Also make sure you CC email to Fiat.

You are actually pretty safe especially when your are in the earlier stages of warranty. Just ensure you don't miss a service schedule or delay it more from Extended Warranty point.

Be relentless and don't give up or compromise.
    kirenh likes this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @sageeshr

Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with the Punto. Except for 3 & 4 points rest of them are still manageable. I would suggest you to write a strong mail to Fiat India on their regular e-mail id and also on the FB page. Try to contact Mangesh Kodalkar of Fiat, e-mail id is available on the forum (if not PM me, I can provide). Try to get in touch with mods @Ravi and @nkrishnap who have been able to establish some good working relations with the FASS you mentioned.

Lastly I would say Be positive. Things will work out.
    VIJENDRA SINGH likes this.
  6. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I do agree, except 1 or 2 the issues are not very serious but it is still remains as a concerning factor especially when considering frequent service center visits. My surroundings who really opposed me from buying it including friends who bought competitors brands are really laughing at me:(,my bad luck.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

sageeshr, it must have been quite irritating for you, the niggles, especially when the Alto at 11 was going strong. They don't say just for the sake that Japs are reliable.
    God knows if there is a QC dept. at Fiat huh. What did KHT do to fix #1?

hope all of these get resolved soon and you don't have to visit FASS except for routine service. the service network in Bangalore is good.
  8. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    thanks!Being known for automobile enthusiasm since childhood and a keen observer on cars,still hoping on till date favorite brand.
    True,service centers in Bangalore are really a great support.
    As the fix for #1,I was told they have cleaned the break assembly.
  9. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I think issues with Fiat are simply magnified! My friends with Maruti have had even more issues with their 3yr old car than my 9yr old Palio. Radiator of wagon r simply bottomed out when went over a bump at speed! But then there's not specific maruti forum with maruti fanbase to cry about these things! Fiat it becomes magnified since people actually go out of their way & against popular & friendly advice to buy a Fiat already scared of facing issues. So even small issues seem like a Everest.
  10. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Completely agree with you @kk27. Help from Fiat enthusiast/owner community is just incredible. Probably no other brand has this level of community help at least in India. You can get help from global Fiat enthusiast community too as there are many forums in Europe. One simple example of community support is here: I faced some issues with my Punto after 5 years. I had to lookup some parts information. I got so much help from this forum. There is Fiat ePer (hosted on the web for free - just google, you will get the URL) to lookup parts of any Fiat car. Recently stumbled upon https://www.technicalinformation.fiat.com/tech-info-web/web/index.do to get complete service information. Best thing is you can subscribe to the service information website from as little as 1 hour (5 Euro) to yearly subscription (not for people like us though - yearly subscription runs into thousands of Euros). Which other manufacturer provides you so much information? As @sageeshr already mentioned service network is good in Bangalore. What else do you need to take care of your car? So, don't feel bad about choosing Fiat.
    mangeshtendulkar and prabhjot like this.