1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

World Cup Cricket 2015

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by ramjn, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, use this thread to discuss the cricket World cup which is going to be held in Feb-Mar in Australia and New Zealand.

PS:- I am no fan of Cricket. :D
    bharath and platinumshine like this.
  2. vigneshrace

vigneshrace Amatore

Chennai
    Sachin is not there!

So, no interest of watching the matches
  3. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @vigneshrace .Change is the only constant. Thats what makes us nostalgic about the past and look forward to the future.

Looking at the current performance of the young team in Australia I am very optimistic that the team will perform well.
    No doubt we lost but this was the best performance since the start of the decade where the team has shown that it can fight well over 5 days. Little more experience and trhis team is going to do wonders in the future.

And with the King of ODIs now having lesser burden will want to have one more shot @ glory.
    asimpleson likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am no fan of Cricket but I was.

The world cup held in 1992 in Australia was by far the best world cup I have ever seen. Now, that the world cup is happening again in Australia after 22 years, I am little curious and may follow the matches. :)
  5. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

The first world cup that I remember watching as a ten year old, was the 92 cup held in Australia & NZ. The tournament is back at down under with a lot of change in rules over 22 years. Team India's batting lineup is strong (not as strong as 2011) but the bowling dept. is pathetic. Shami, Bhuvaneshwar and gang, do they even look scary? An extra lot will depend on our batting. India is going to miss Zaheer Khan badly. Oh and the guy who got us two world cups will also be missed.
    Good luck Team India! May we retain the cup :)
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I am looking forward to the tournament as the first few games will be a big giveaway. A lot depends on the 15 men squad from India to retain the cup, only 4 from previous outing will be available as seniors. No team till date have been able to win back to back world cups (Pls correct me if I am wrong). Adding the World cup itinerary for those planning to watch.

The challenging part is matches would start early in the morning and waking up to watch them will be a huge challenge (don't want to reach office with groggy and sleepy eyes).

IMG-20141125-WA0002.jpg
  7. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Australia did win a hatrick of cups. 1999, 2003 and 2007
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    also west indies win first two world cups. 1975, 1979
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @nibedk

This team is alright, still a fair way out of their sporting and ethical depth when it comes to test cricket away from home, though, but they should be competitive even on the Aussie pitches, which will of course be slowed and flattened i bet for the World Cup (as they were for the India-Aus test series).

I hope Dhoni for once goes with an attacking line-up of bowlers, 4 seamers + Ashwin, rather than 3+Stuart Binny+Jadeja+Ashwin: Umesh yadav and Varun Aaron/Shami must play, along with Ishant and Bhuvaneshwar? Will the white ball swing, esp under lights, that could help Umesh and Bhuvi be really difficult, though our batsmen don't like the moving ball either?

Appalling though the Dhoni-led team has been at serious, proper test cricket away from home for several years now: I feel and hope they CAN easily get to the semi-s? Favourites remain the Aussies and SA, what say? Hope they don't get psyched-out by all the inevitable manic hype and hoopla, esp back home.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Small trivia - I guess this is the first World Cup that India is playing without Sachin or Gavaskar. Either of them were part of all previous World Cups I believe.