1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wooden dashboard trim for Punto Active.

Discussion in 'Interiors' started by Umesh Prasad, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Hi,

I have got new BNW Punto MJD Active. The exterior of the car is a beauty but some how I don't feel the interior appealing to me as its all black. So just wanted to know if any member has got Wooden dashboard trim done for punto. In one of the thread I saw a member done wooden trims for emotion. Please advice me where to get it from, and if anyone has got it done please upload the pics.

Thanx
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Umesh, where are you from? I know who does this in Tamilnadu. Update on your location would help the members to advice you accordingly.
  3. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Hi Ramjn, I am from delhi
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Varoon999 had done it on his Punto Emotion's Dashboard from Chandigarh ...

You can PM him for details !!!
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    personally i would hate faux wooden thing on a modern and sporty car like punto. but everyone has his own choice.

if you are bored with grey tone get carbon fibre vinyl on the dash. get some nice chrome touches too if you want. it will make a hell lot of difference and stand apart from the indica type crowd who fit wooden trims on grey dash.

no offenses meant to anyone.
  6. carbon fiber vinyl ? does it fit well on curvy plastic? will it survive the tropical hot summers?
  7. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi

-> carbon fibre vinyl on the dash and chrome touches would definitely look better, as I am from Delhi please suggest where from can I get it done.
  8. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Try Lajpat Nagar's car market !!!
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    yes, the best part of it is that it fits on any complex shapes. to fit it we need to use a hair dryer/ hot blower. it takes all kind of shapes of components.

depending on quality of carbon fibre quality it withstands any given temperature. hoods / roofs everything is done with that.

for example have a look below.

Black Metro 3D Flexible Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap Fil-SMM | eBay
  10. Please give some more details on this, I am thinking of putting this on inside as well as outside bumpers.