1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wonderful exp on uneven bad roads and high rose braker on bad roads of Uttar Pradesh.

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by aashish_19, Aug 12, 2012.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

I would like to share my review or feed back of my Punto :p as every one is having their own PUNTO:D . As i have already shared my experience from Gurgaon to Varanasi highway trip . Now its about my PUNTO final exam on bad road, high rose braker, 15-20cm hole road of Uttar Pradesh.

My journey started from my hometown to Gorakhpur to visit some of mine relative and i asked my family that i would be taking them to Gorakhpur with my PUNTO . at first instance they all disagree with my thought but later they got convinced :clap.

As we are going through Gazipur(U.P.) route and everything was fine as my PUNTO was taking care of me and my other 3 family member with ease. Superb suspension, solid handling and stabilty, far better maneuver. At soe pint we have to bypass village route but some idiot had guided us to that route saying that particualr route is somewhat bad but you will be reaching in less time and thus our bad luck we took that route of 30-40 km . It took somewhere 2-3 hrs to pass that route and my speed was 20kmph continously for 2-3 hrs. I can say it was wrong to say ROAD as there is no road and my PUNTO is crawling on that road with mud and concrete. But big applause my family was sleeping in the car and they didn't got that much jhatkaa which make them awake. Again super suspension:clap. As we all know PUNTO really get mad on highway but it never loose its temperament. its 3rd gear is my most favorite component in gear shifting :D . I have to pass 2 lane highway , city , bazaar but due to its superb handling and better cornering even i too sometime got shocked.

While returning i had chosen Azamgarh(U.P.) route and found some decent drive-able road. Thanks to its ABS+EBD feature which saves us from 9-10 deep pot holes without any major jerking to any of the passenger, Ultimate braking :clap.

Now, when i was upto 170 km way from my home town it took us 3-4 hrs to cover that. As i was in my mind continuously abusing the NHAI and minister about the road condition to my hometown. Whenever my PUNTO safety plate gets touch:eek: in return i had the very same word for them(NHAI and minister) like mother and sister type.

But at last i reached my home and i am not at all tired with 14hrs drive. I simply stepped out of my car and try to have a look at engine safety plate (same like parents have feeling when their kids get hurt) . At that time i got TRANSFORMER type feeling and some communication with my machine and i got the answer from my PUNTO ..... " don't worry i am fine .. no issue in any part of my area" . and i just went away to my room.

@ALL i should have more details as i wish too..but due to time constraint i was not able too.

I have simply one word..ohh sry two for this car MIND BLOWING!!!! Its not at all bad to say that my driving skill was from novice to perfectionist just because of this car as i have just 10 month car driving experience (date from when i purchased my car). And today no one can say that i have only 10 month exp as i have driven on highway, hair pin curve, densely populated area, narrow area, busy road like varanasi, bumper to bumper traffic, driven on road where we have all genes at one place car-dog-auto-rickshaw-cow-buffalo-goat-human all at one place.

P.S : I am not praising myself but the confidence to write this is just bcos of my car.

Thanks my car PUNTO.
    6 people like this.
  2. :upGreat expression,and good to hear that punto does what many good suv fails to do...:clap
  3. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    AASHISH,that's the magic of PUNTO.I have been in driving for last 12+ yrs now, but I must admit I have explored a whole new dimension in the field of driving during the ownership period(last 10 month)of my PUNTO.It can't be described,it's there for you to be felt.
    ENJOY YOUR PUNTO.ENJOY SOME REAL PLEASURE OF DRIVING.ENJOY DRIVING ON REAL BAD ROADS.THANKS.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Ashish

Fiat cars are famous for that. They are heavy,robust,great suspension,superb ride&handling.

Due to better metal guage,owner can survive from any mishap.

In my life I never seen any death case of fiat car.

BTW I know your elder brother Vishal.We always discuss on phone.
    My name is Amol.
  5. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @bhai My brother name is AMIT :) ..yes i remember my brother use to talk about Amol sir... is that you from pune ???
  6. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @aashish_19,

I liked your first post. If you plan to do more driving in UP, I will strongly suggest a GC upgrade in case your car is a pre-2012 model.

Regards
    Johnny
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @johnny

well i had given a thought of GC upgrade but with lots of discussion i dropped it as GC upgrade cost 12-14k and replacement of SAFETY PLATE cost around 1200-1500. So i compensated GC with SAFETY PLATE.

BTW driving with current GC gives you some added driving skills to try .... so i njoy doing that. But when something got touched to backside underneath then i need to give thought about it. Rest, hit and scratches on SAFETY PLATE is manageable ;)