1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The sunset is a rare one for me who always see sun diving in Arabian sea. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is one remarkable trip Ravi sir.
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, sungoa2010.
    Thanks, royj. I had very good experience at Automobile Kapoor's India Pvt. Ltd., Amritsar, last year.:)
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Ravi sir,

I am really enjoying your travelogue's & photographs. You have been a motivator to most of us :).

Also I felt good about people like Mr.Jaspreet & Mr.Manpreet. May their tribe increase :). A smiling Fiat - SA is an asset to the company.

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Hotel Fifu, Jaisalmer To Ginger, Wakad, Pune

JaisalmerToPuneDetails.png

The route:

JaisalmerToPune.jpg

After a filling breakfast, we packed, settled our hotel bill and checked out of Hotel Fifu, Jaisalmer, by 11 am on 7 October 2012. The first port of call was Bharat Petroleum outlet at Hanuman Chowk, Jaisalmer, where my Linea had tankful of petrol. We started our homeward journey. My MMI navigator was guiding us properly. I enjoyed driving on the excellent roads of Gujarat and very good roads of Rajasthan and Maharashtra. We had kheer with lassi in an unknown Punjabi dhaba somewhere in Rajasthan for lunch. Our dinner was at Mehsana, Gujarat. My Linea had another tankful at BP, Valsad, GJ. I reduced my Linea's speed to 80 kmph so that we would not reach the next port of call at Mumbai at the ghostly hours!:)

DSC08857.jpg

DSC08858.jpg

DSC08862.jpg

DSC08865.jpg

DSC08868.jpg

DSC08870.jpg

DSC08872.jpg

The second port of call was the home of our family friend at SBI Sahakar, Santacruz East, Mumbai, where we reached at 6:15 am on 8 October 2012. We had breakfast comprising soft idlies accompanied by coconut chutney and chilly powder/oil. Our hosts insisted on our staying there for the night. But, we informed them of our reservation at Ginger Hotels, Wakad, Pune. Then, we got some chappatthis packed with Amul shrikhand and side-dish for lunch.After chatting with our hosts, we left there by 9:15 am, continued our journey reaching our destination by 12:10 pm not before my Linea had another tankful at BP COCO outlet with Ghar Dhaba at Lonavala. We checked into Ginger, unpacked, lunched with the chappatthies with delicious shrikhand and rested.

MID.jpg

To be continued.
    8 people like this.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Fiat should use this as a USP or a Tagline :)

Amazing drives you make !!

The off roading pics with lots of boulders with river flowing in the side looks very very very exciting.
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Ginger, Wakad, Pune To Home, Sweet Home, Bangalore

PuneToBangalore.png

The route:

PuneToBangaloreRoute.jpg

On 9 October 2012, we got up late, breakfasted, got ready, packed and checked out of Ginger for the final leg of homeward journey. We had our late-lunch at Sai Food Court, near Kolhapur. My Linea had tankful at BP COCO outlet at Vadgaon near Kolhapur. Dinner was at Kamat Upachar, Sira attached BP COCO outlet, where my Linea had another tankful. It was sheer pleasure to drive on NH 4 without any fatigue. I did not take any power nap in this last leg of the trip.

DSC08893.jpg

DSC08897.jpg

DSC08903.jpg

DSC08904.jpg

My Linea took us safely to our home, sweet home by 1 am on the next day after 7181 km long trip in 20 days.:)

MID.jpg

This travel commenced on 21 September 2012 and concluded on 10 October 2012 [20 days]; this travelogue began on 10 October 2012 and ended today [25 October 2012] in 16 days!

I thank all, who read this travelogue, who pressed the like button, who expressed their appreciation and who complimented. Special thanks to TFI moderator PaddleShifter [Dr Yashik Bansal] and fellow-TFI'ian rajankamboj, who met me and helped me amidst their busy schedule.:) The last, but not the least, special thanks are due to Team FIAT India for hosting this travelogue.

Travelogue concluded.
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
    21 people like this.
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    amazing to read your travelogue sir..... :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Joseph

Joseph Novizio

Trivandrum
    Wonderful travelogue Sir. I have become a great fan of yours.

Managing a front tyre burst in the 80s require great driving skills. Thank God all ended up well.
    1 person likes this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Lodging Expenses

I spent Rs 34,958.70 towards the lodging expenses. Here are the details:

LodgingExpenses.png
    1 person likes this.