1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome Pictures Ravi sir.. Most of the pics here are sure for a Wall paper :) , Think you have been waiting for past 3 days to post in one shot in TFI :) .. any another expedtion on the way sir ? so posting very fast :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, onlymakarand, for the compliments.
    Thanks a lot, SHASHANKREDDY, for your appreciation.
    Thank you very much for the compliments, vijays777. When the travel ends, travelogue starts; when the travelogue ends, planning for the next travel starts!;)
    5 people like this.
  3. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    very well said sir!! wish each of us could do that!!:)
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I like this. :)

Just thinking where else you would be planning next. Nepal? Arunachal? Andaman? :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Kaza To Kunzam Pass

My Linea had tankful of petrol from the only petrol pump in Kaza [IOC] near our hotel. We settled the hotel's bill on the night of 2 October 2012, when there was a power-cut! I informed the hotel care-taker that we would be leaving at 4 am the next day. On 3 October 2012, while we were getting ready, I heard a knock on the door. It was the care-taker and the time was 3:45 am!:) After stuffing my Linea's boot with our luggage and clicking photograph of her MID, finally we drove off HPTDC The Spiti at 4:15 am with ambient temperature of 5 deg C, according to my Linea. As my Linea ascended to Kunzam Pass, the temperature descended to -1 deg C!

KazaToBilaspur.png

The route:

KazaToBilaspurRoute.jpg

MIDtemp.jpg

DSC08539.jpg

DSC08540.jpg

DSC08544.jpg

DSC08545.jpg

DSC08551.jpg

DSC08553.jpg

DSC08556.jpg

DSC08557.jpg

DSC08559.jpg

DSC08563.jpg

DSC08564.jpg

DSC08565.jpg

DSC08567.jpg

DSC08570.jpg

DSC08571.jpg

DSC08572.jpg

DSC08574.jpg

DSC08575.jpg

DSC08576.jpg

DSC08577.jpg

DSC08578.jpg

DSC08579.jpg

DSC08580.jpg

We had our breakfast comprising dates and Marie biscuits at Kunzam Pass. When I started my Linea, she warned me of possible ice on the road. However, snow was seen on the peaks and not on the road.

MID.jpg

We continued our drive.
    12 people like this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Tempting and unbelievable terrain! I have been scrolling up and down quite a few times to see the pictures again and again, yeh dil mange more! :)
    Due credits to you who took this car to the toughest terrains and came back home safe as if nothing has happened. Difficult to take my eyes from the picture of the blue sky that turns everything under that to oceanic blue!

Makes me feel sad that Linea, a car that can safely traverse almost any terrain doesnt sell well!
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Kunzam Pass To Bilaspur

Which was the worst road on which I drove in my more than 40 years of driving experience? Not Zojila. Not Khardung La. Not Thiruvannamalai - Krishnagiri in Tamil Nadu. Not UP/MP/WB roads. The prize goes to the stretch from Batal to Gramphoo, if it could be called a road, that is.:( The photographs shown here are only samples. We didn't take photographs of the worst stretch as I was concentrating on driving and my wife, shell-shocked. The road-users comprised trucks and Tata Sumo cabs only. I didn't see any hatchback or sedan until we reached Rohthang. My Linea bottom-scraped for more than 40 times, most of them in this stretch, accompanied by a big bang many times.:(

DSC08586.jpg

DSC08589.jpg

DSC08590.jpg

DSC08591.jpg

On one very narrow S curve on a ghat section, there was a water-crossing with full of boulders. Slowly and carefully, I drove my Linea on knee-deep water and entered the last turn on the S curve, only to face a fully-loaded truck! The truck driver signalled his inability to go in his reverse direction as there were couple of trucks behind him. The road was just wide enough for a truck and nothing more. The outside was freezing with sub-zero temperature. So, I somehow reversed my Linea in the double-curve, but every time, I ended up dashing against boulders invisible on my Linea's rear-view mirrors. Seeing my predicament, the driver of the PB-registered truck got down, went behind my Linea, stood in knee-deep freezing water and guided me to a wider portion of the road. He then went back to his truck, started and crossed my Linea. I thanked him and allowed the other two trucks to cross me. When the road was clear, I again drove my Linea on that double-curve and safely came out of knee-deep water.

DSC08592.jpg

DSC08594.jpg

DSC08596.jpg

DSC08597.jpg

DSC08598.jpg

DSC08599.jpg

DSC08600.jpg

DSC08601.jpg

DSC08603.jpg

DSC08604.jpg

DSC08605.jpg

DSC08607.jpg

We stopped at a road-side dhaba at Manali and had late lunch. Fellow-TFI'ian Rajan Kamboj, who met me at Shimla, called me when I crossed Manali. When I told him about our whereabouts and change of plan, he suggested that we could stay at Manali and told me that he could arrange for our stay at Manali. I thanked him and informed him of my destination, viz., Hometel, Chandigarh. At Mandi, I stopped at a State Bank ATM, withdrew some cash and continued our journey. Later, I realised that I would be reaching Chandigarh at about 2 am as the condition of NH 21 was not good. I had read about bad roads of Swarghat. After crossing Bilaspur, I started yawning and losing concentration. When I crossed Hotel Highway Inn attached to Bharat Petroleum outlet on NH 21 after Bilaspur, I decided immediately to stay there for that night as I was totally exhausted. The care-taker told me that the tariff was Rs 800 per night for a double AC room with Tata Sky TV. We grabbed it at once. I parked my Linea, unloaded, unpacked and settled for a good night's sleep.

DSC08608.jpg

DSC08609.jpg

DSC08610.jpg

DSC08611.jpg

DSC08612.jpg

DSC08614.jpg

DSC08616.jpg

DSC08617.jpg

MID.jpg

More to come.
    14 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, fiatlover.:)
  9. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    So if I can ask, were you a photographer already or all the scenery turned you one ? :rolleyes: or I cant rule out this thing - everything around was so amazingly beautiful that whatever you clicked just replicated in the pics..Being sarcastic again..! Some pics there and some adventure that was !!! Kudos !
    1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Reminded of the story of a blind man who went to an eye doctor. The doctor tells him "Read those letters on the wall". Then the man asks, "Where is the wall, doctor?"
    I am tempted to ask, "Where is the road, Sir? I see stones, boulders and only stones!"
    2 people like this.