1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Welcome back Sir, now let our feast begin :)

Kiran
    1 person likes this.
  2. Welcome back home J.Ravi sir...And as usual excellent pics,cant wait to read more updates from your side...
    1 person likes this.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    I Bow down with respect to you J Ravi Sir....

Once again awesome set of pics... All of them are "set as wallpaper" material.... I am sure the travelogue must be equally interesting...

As Someone rightly said here... You are inspiration to many of us...

Cheers...

Neel :up
    1 person likes this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wonderful, Sir!

Reminded of the famous lines from Ulysses by Lord Tennyson,

I cannot rest from travel:
    Yet all experience is an arch wherethrough
    Gleams that untravelled world, whose margin fades
    For ever and for ever when I move.

Looking at picture 5, finally I decided to believe that this is a place that really exists on this earth, in India. I have seen different clicks of this place on FB by different people. I always suspected them to be a place created in photoshop. I am sure it should have been a breath-taking experience driving on that road.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    wow!! was away from TFI for a few days and first thing i see when i open up is this!:wow! cant wait for the real ride to begin!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. lowflier

lowflier Amatore

South Florida
    Some fantabulous pics there ! Now I know what to get glued to for some adventure and some really great pics :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Planning

This trip was originally planned for the first three weeks of September 2012 as I wanted to complete the trip before onset of winter. But, due to TFI South India Meet at Ooty on 15/16 September 2012, it was postponed.

This was the actual itinerary of the trip:

BackHome.png

And, this was the actual route that my Linea took during the trip:

TheRoute.jpg

Except HPPWD Rest House @ Chhitkul and Hotel Highway Inn attached to Bharat Petroleum outlet on NH 21 near Bilaspur, Himachal Pradesh, all other hotels were selected based on the online reviews and accommodation reserved online well in advance.

Originally, I decided to start the Kinnaur-Spiti-Lahaul circuit from Shimla and return via Shimla, instead of Rohthang, in view of very bad road conditions from Kunzam Pass>Batal>Gramphoo>Rohthang. However, I changed my decision later and returned via Rohthang with more than 40 bottom-scraping thanks to the rocky, bouldery, stony track many stretches of which ran by the side of Lahaul river.

After Ooty trip, my Linea went for the fifth paid servicing at Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, Bangalore on 17 September 2012, when the engine oil was changed. However, I decided to have the tyre replacement done at Chandigarh as I wanted my Linea to step into the 50 k km mark as it was still in 49 k km at the beginning of the trip.

More to come.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
    16 people like this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ravi Sir, you are a true inspiration. Kudos to your adventurous spirit and your driving endurance.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    I liked the way it was planned, and most important thing is its execution. coz.. Everybody plans well, but while coming to the execution.. You know..why iam keeping the smiley :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great pix sir... eagerly waiting for the complete story... And its like daily SOP now on TFI... I am one of the reader of your story everyday from now onwards :)
    1 person likes this.