1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    Mr. Ravi,

Another inspiring and interesting travelogue from you, generating passion and urge to hit the road for long drives. I hope you had a wonderful and safe trip through out your journey.

I hope you would bring out book on your travelogue which would be of great help to fellow members planning for long drives.

I some how missed your updates this time. I had gone through the posts, both recent and past, for couple of times over the past hour. Another memorable drive to remember truly with wonderful pics and information.

Best wishes to you and Mrs. Ravi...
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot for the compliments, nbvcrao.

Yes, we had a wonderful trip from home to home. My Linea fully co-operated with us: no puncture, no tyre burst, no breakdowns, no visit to FIAT ASS. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mussoorie to Bikaner

At a glance:

0.jpg

This was the route taken:

0a.jpg

On 14 Sep 2013, after another delicious and sumptuous breakfast, we rested, packed, checked out at 10:55 am and directly drove to the City Junction Mall, Dehradun, where we had a TFI luncheon meet scheduled. After having tankful for my Linea, we were the first to arrive at the venue. The details are here. At 4:45 pm, we bade farewell and started our marathon drive to Bikaner via Gurudwara Paonta Sahib>Yamunanagar>Hisar>Churu. We reached Hotel Jaswant Bhawan, Bikaner at 7 am the next day and checked in. After wash and breakfast, we slept until the evening. For more on this hotel, please visit here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Dehradun.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00481.jpg

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00583.jpg

MID1.jpg

More to come.
    7 people like this.
  4. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bikaner

We walked to Junagarh Fort in the evening. We enjoyed the street food for dinner before returning to our hotel.

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00505.jpg

DSC00509.jpg

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00512.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

DSC00535.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00543.jpg

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00550.jpg

DSC00566.jpg

DSC00573.jpg

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00577.jpg
    8 people like this.
  5. You have already named your car as classic !!!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bikaner To Mount Abu

At a glance:

BikanerToMountAbuTrip.jpg

BikanerToMountAbuRoute.jpg

On 16 Sep 2013 morning after breakfast, I checked all the oils and fluids today morning after breakfast. My Linea consumed about 500 ml of Selenia K engine oil after 4,400 km. I topped up windshield cleaning fluid too. The coolant level remained at the maximum level and did not require topping up. She also had a wash. This was the cumulative trip record after which it got reset automatically.

MID2.jpg

We checked out of Jaswant Bhawan by 12:30 pm and started our more than 12 hour drive to Mount Abu. My MapMyIndia navigator tried to take me via one-way road, where the traffic was coming from the opposite direction. But, I did not budge. After a few enquiries, I took the bypass road and joined the highway to Jodhpur.

We visited Karni Mata temple, Deshnoke en route popularly known as the rat temple. Never in my life, did I see hundreds of rats at a time! Many of us had bad experience with the rodents, who ate our car's wires, rendering them motionless. But, the people at Deshnoke worshipped them by offering sweets, snacks, milk, water and what-not. Not to take any chance with them, I parked my Linea far away from the temple and walked to the temple under scorching sun! ;)

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00587.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

DSC00612.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00622.jpg

DSC00623.jpg

DSC00625.jpg

MID.jpg

We reached RTDC Hotel Shikhar, Mount Abu, by 00:45 am by the next day.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mount Abu To Bangalore

At a glance:

MountAbuToBangaloreTrip.jpg

MountAbuToBangalore.jpg

17 Sep 2013: we slept; after complimentary breakfast, we continued our sleep; finally checked out of RTDC Shikhar by 12 noon. We then drove to Dilwara temple. After visiting the temple, we started our yet another marathon drive to home. I could do this task thanks to the excellent roads all along the route, barring Pune bypass and Pune - Satara stretch. We had our late lunch at Palanpur and excellent Kathiyawadi dinner comprising special bhindi side-dish, rotis and butter-milk at Hotel Girnar, located LHS on NH 8, between Bharuch and Valsad. Linea had her tankfuls at BP Palanpur, BP Valsad, BP COCOO at Khed Shivpur and BP COCOO at Kottur 1. We bypassed Mumbai and had a tea break at Lonavala. We then bypassed Pune and continued our driving upto Sai Food Court, near Kolhapur, where we had a break of more than an hour for morning ablutions, rest and breakfast. Later, we continued our drive upto Kamat Upachar at Sira bypass, where we had our late lunch. We reached home, sweet home by 7:10 pm on 18 Sep 2013. :)

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

DSC00646.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00650.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00652.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

DSC00656.jpg

MID.jpg

At last, this travelogue has come to an end. I thank one and all for the comments, compliments, kind words, suggestions, appreciation and expressing likes not once, but many times. :) I will compile the expenditure details and post them later.

Travelogue concluded.
    5 people like this.
  8. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Sir its silly question but want to know what is COCO PETROL STATION ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Company Owned and Company Operated petrol pumps. :)
    3 people like this.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    You are the Sachin of TFI smashing all other TL's out of the stadium. Records after records just for the love to drive and hit the road like no one else.

Wow another awesome TL. Is there any place in India you have left out?
    1 person likes this.