1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Walking the 3 kms to kalatop is much more fun than driving there.. as you pass through a scenic route that takes your breath away at each turn! :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Dalhousie To Mcleodganj

At a glance:

DalhousieToMcleodganjTrip.jpg

This was the route taken:

DalhousieToMcleodganjRoute.jpg

From some hotels, we will be happy to check out; in some other, we will be reluctant to check out. Grand View Hotel belonged to the latter. After another delicious and sumptuous breakfast, we checked out reluctantly. I paid for the bill using my credit card, which was accepted without any extra charge. The hotel staff accompanied us upto the car park, located on the opposite hillock; the porter carried all our luggage and loaded into my Linea's boot. We bade farewell to Dalhousie and I started driving towards Mcleodganj. Bad roads greeted us on many places.

DSC00312.jpg

DSC00314.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

En route
    , my Linea had a grand Himalayan spring bath. We checked into HPTDC Bhagsu at 4:45 pm. After a wash, we walked to the market area of Mcleodganj, and then, to the Buddhist temple. Later, we had our dinner comprising noodles and tea at a Buddhist vegetarian eatery. We returned to the hotel, informed the counter staff that we would be checking out the next day at 6 am and settled the bill by cash before retiring for the day.

DSC00320.jpg

DSC00321.jpg

DSC00322.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

DSC00327.jpg

DSC00328.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

MID1.jpg

More to come.
    8 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mcleodganj To Mussoorie

At a glance:

McleodganjToMussoorieTrip.jpg

This was the route taken:

McleodganjToMussoorieRoute.jpg

We left HPTDC Bhagsu, Mcleodganj at 6:20 am and started our drive to Mussoorie via Kangra>Hoshiarpur>Chandigarh>Paonta Sahib>Dehradun. My Linea had tankful of petrol at Kangra costing rupee-symbol.gif 77.11/litre and at Chandigrah costing rupee-symbol.gif 75.26/litre.

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

DSC00356.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

DSC00362.jpg

DSC00364.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

We reached Hotel Padmini Nivas, Mussoorie at 8:15 pm. But, my Linea had tough time in negotiating a steep, narrow and gravelly curve as it lost its momentum at a hair-pin bend. It would not climb uphill from zero speed, resulting in spinning of front tyres without traction. I smelt burnt rubber. The other side of road faced a deep valley, but there was no parapet or crash-barrier. My wife got down and I started doing forward and backward manoeuvres. At that time, a hotel staffer was walking down the road. He informed me that the road would not lead to the hotel and I had to park Linea at the dedicated car parking just near the hair-pin bend. According to him, there was another access road from the Mall Road, but vehicular traffic was not allowed from 4 pm to 10 pm. So, I parked Linea by reversing to the car parking and walked up to the hotel. Jai, one of the owners of the hotel, was kind enough to offer me glasses of water and asked me to take rest for a few minutes. He sent his staff down to the car to carry our luggage. Finally, we were in our room. We unpacked, washed, rested, ate one of the good meals and retired for the day.

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

MID1.jpg

More to come.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
    7 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sir I always wanted to ask, how is it that you manage to fill up in COCO bunks most of the time. I tried doing the same but hardly found one when needed

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    If the locations of COCOO are known, then we can manage to some extent. COCOOs are in plenty in plains, but, they are very few in hilly regions. By chance, if I need petrol, but not a COCOO in the vicinity, then my Linea will have some petrol - not tankful - just enough to reach the nearby COCOO, where she will have tankful! :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mussoorie

On the morning of 12 Sep 2013, we breakfasted and rested at the hotel. We left for Kempty Falls in the afternoon. We had to return before 4 pm as the Mall Road would be closed for vehicular traffic between 4 pm and 10 pm. I decided to return well before 4 pm so that I could the Mall Road entrance of the hotel for parking my Linea in front of the hotel as I still not recovered fully from the shock of previous night experience of parking at a level below the hotel! But, the using the Mall Road would make me poorer by rupee-symbol.gif 100 for one entry and one exit during the non-restricted period. The hotel owner informed that they had taken monthly passes for using the Mall Road.

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg

w.jpg

x.jpg

y.jpg

z.jpg

More are in queue.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    12 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sir, How do you find the quality of petro in COCOO's. I ask particularly about this because i have heard that lots of cheating happens in COCOO's. Anyways, i decide everytime that i will not read your TL as it makes me more sick for travelling :p but your TL's are too irresistible to just pass just like FIAT.
    1 person likes this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    The quality/quantity of fuel dispensed at COCOO are generally okay, IMO. But, there may be exceptions. I find that in COCOO, the attendants are properly trained; they don't divert my attention while dispensing the fuel; credit/debit cards are accepted; they are open 24x7 on the highways; availability of toilets; attached eatery in many of them..etc. These are all some advantages of COCOO.
    4 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mussoorie

I will visit Mussoorie again and again just to stay at Hotel Padmini Nivas! :) Yes, another excellent hotel that we stayed in during our trip. The hotel, the staff, the room, the amenities, the location, the vegetarian food, everything was excellent. Here are some pics clicked inside and outside Hotel Padmini Nivas.

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

TripAdvisorAward.jpg

More to come.
    6 people like this.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Mussoorie

On 13 Sep 2013 morning after breakfast, we drove to Dhanaulti, retruned, used the Mall Road entrance and parked my Linea in the hotel. In the evening, we walked up to a closed church at Mall Road, strolled, had tea/masala milk, returned to our hotel, dined and called it a day.

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg