1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

With Less HP, My Linea Covers More HP!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by J Ravi, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Raviji,
    1800Kms in a single stretch :eek:,OMG.

if i do 500Kms of trip, after coming out of car,feel very drowsy,cant even stand properly,when eyes turned here n there feel like i will get giddiness.im just imagining how about 1800 Kms. D
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    PLANNING

Having decided on Dalhousie, the next question was, 'where to' from Dalhousie. Initially, I thought of driving to Ladakh from Dalhousie. In fact, I spent a coupla months researching on the route and road conditions. Finally, I decided on Dalhousie>Ranjit Sagar Dam>Udhampur>Sonamarg. Just a few days before this expedition, my children posed some questions. Why do I want to drive to Leh, which I already did a coupla years back? Why don't I drive to a new place? I already have a plan to ride to Ladakh in my Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500 in 2014. So, these questions changed the complete itinerary. So, Mcleodganj, Mussoorie and Mount Abu replaced Ladakh! :)

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.JPG

DSC00192.jpg

In anticipation of this trip, my Linea had undergone the sixth servicing and major overhauling at Ramkay FIAT, Chennai. The details are here. My Linea was fully fit and ready to face another Himalayan expedition.

DSC00207.JPG

DSC00231.JPG

DSC00476.JPG

The journey will continue.
    9 people like this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    its nice to see 2 travelogues almost at the same time :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Sheen

Sheen Timido

Bangalore
    The peacock is a nice capture.
    Are they frequently spotted on the roads there?
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No. Only once on our way.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Bangalore To Indore

At a glance:

BangaloreToIndoreTrip.jpg

This was the route taken:

BangaloreToIndoreRoute.jpg

Myself and wife started this trip in our Linea in the afternoon after lunch so that we would reach Ginger, Indore in time for checking in at 12 noon the next day. I selected Indore route because my wife wanted to visit Shirdi shrine en route. But, as usual, my calculations went wrong by more than 4 hours, thanks to bad roads between Satara and Pune and near Shirdi and rains lashing our Linea from Nelamangala to Chitradurga. Our first break was at Kamat Upachar, Ranebennur for the evening tea at 6 pm. My Linea had her first tankful of petrol at BP OSTS [One Stop Truckers' Shop - COCO outlet] at Kottur 2 opposite Karnataka High Court Dharwad bench, where we also had our dinner of idlies and tomato chutney, which my wife had packed from home. I continued my driving. Bad roads greeted us from Satara to Pune. Linea had her second tankful at BP Kelewadi COCOO near Pune. While entering Pune from the NH 4 bypass, cops signalled me to stop, but allowed me to proceed after seeing us! :)

DSC00122.JPG

DSC00121.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

While I was driving by Ranjangaon, I thought of clicking a photograph of my Linea in front of the FIAT plant. Immediately, I steered towards FIAT Ranjangaon plant, stopped in front of the sign-board and started clicking. That was my Linea's third FIAT plant visit! ;)

DSC00131.jpg

After crossing Ahmednagar, I felt drowsy and started yawning. So, I parked our Linea at a safe place and had a power nap of about one hour. I got up, had a wash and continued our journey to Shirdi. We were at Shirdi shrine from 6:45 am to 8:45 am for our darshan. I continued my driving. We breakfasted at 9:20 am near Manmad comprising the same menu. Linea had her third tankful at BP Dhule COCOO. Later, we lunched at a roadside dhaba and continued our journey. After checking in and unpacking, we crashed to the bed and had a well-earned sleep sacrificing our dinner in the process.

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

DSC00138.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00142.jpg

MID.jpg

More to come.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    11 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Indore

I got up at the small hours of the day and went back to sleep immediately. Finally, we woke up at 8 am, got ready, decided to breakfast outside although Ginger had an in-house restaurant and started walking towards Palasia circle, where one Udupi restaurant was located as we were told. During our walk, we saw many Volvo buses overflowing with the passengers zipping past on the dedicated bus lane at the centre of the road. There were bus stops all along the route with personnel issuing tickets in advance to the waiting passengers. But, we decided to walk instead of travelling in those jam-packed buses. Such dedicated bus lanes were there at Ahmedabad also. I could see that the road was widened by acquiring posh private properties on both the sides of the road in the heart of the city to locate the dedicated bus lanes.

Image0118.jpg

Image0119.jpg

Image0120.jpg

ibusroute.jpg

As I could not locate the Udupi restaurant at the Palasia circle, we settled for a roadside eatery, where only poha and chai were available for breakfast. As we didn't have our dinner, we were hungry. So, we ate two plates of poha each washed down by chai. But, they were the best poha and chai we had ever tasted! We were charged just rupee-symbol.gif 40 only for that sumptuous breakfast. :) After breakfast, while walking further up, we stumbled upon that elusive Udupi restaurant! We didn't want to miss that too; so we barged in. I chatted with the owner in Kannada, who hailed from Mangalore. We added idlies, sambar and upma to our bellies and we were charged rupee-symbol.gif 100. We returned to Ginger and had one more round of nap before checking out of our room by 12:30 pm.

More to come.
    4 people like this.
  8. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    Did you try the famous Indori Namkeen and mouth-watering jalebi? :up
    2 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    No. Our breakfast at Indore comprised poha, idlies, upma and chai! We checked out in the afternoon. We didn't try out those delicacies.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Like Bikaner, Indore is another namkeens and sweets city :)
    I guess along with routes, hotels and places to visit, i think its time to add what to eat too :)
    2 people like this.