1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wireless FM Transmitter

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by fiatlover, Mar 10, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Has anyone used Wireless FM transmitter? As 1.4 Emotion doesn't have a USB option, I am exploring the possibility of using this device. Any suggestions?

I did some basic research on this device. It has a USB/SD card slot and interacts directly with the FM/MP3 player. You can play the media files on the USB through the FM/MP3 player. The FM tuner can locate the frequency configured in the transmitter and play the files on the USB connected to the transmitter.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its a good versatile device. the only drawback is a bit of sound quality is compromised.
    but as it is fiats have worst of the speakers. so this wont be a problem. go ahead. its very cheap too.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have been using this for the past 16-17 months. I feel it is a solution that you can live with and it is very cheap. I paid just 275/- for the transmitter and around 300/- for a 2GB SD card.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks for your replies. I got one from SP Road, Bangalore for Rs.300. Has SD & USB slots. As you said an option you can live with. I have placed a picture I got from the web.[attachment=0:w9aycois]401-237.jpg[/attachment:w9aycois]

401-237.jpg
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I recently found that my FM is not working. I am getting AM stations. I hardly use radio and didn't observed this. Any idea how to resolve it?
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    :confused: Have you done all the standard checks - such as
    Reception of FM in the area
    The FM transmitter (if you are using one) is working fine?
    Tuning to different FM stations etc.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    The FM transmitter sometimes stops working. In such situations, all you need to do is to change preset frequency in FM transmitter. That is, if it was 87.00 previousy, change it to 108 or any other frequency not used by the FM stations, and then tune the player again.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It was working long back. Then I was not using it since I was in Goa. Now recently,I was in Cochin and was desperately need for it and found that it is not working.
    @Fiatlover : I will try you method. I have to press the down arrow button to change the frequency and press right arrow to tune . Is it?
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Refer the picture above. Press A- or B+ to decrease or increase the frequency.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am right now not using WFM transmitter. My problem is with my factory fitted audio system. If I am not getting FM then I am afraid that the WFM transmitter will not work if I buy. I want to avoid taking vehicle to TASS which is 25 km away.