1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Washer - Monsoon Prep

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by arishi, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Guys need input from you all on what solution to use as windshield washer especially during Monsoons. Its just one day of rains in Mumbai and you can see the muddy droplets on the windshield :A :A . I have been looking for some ready mix for windshield but couldn't find any. Some people suggested adding some shampoo to distilled water or adding Pril soap drops. But then shampoos are oil based so won't the reduce the visibility especially during nights. Looking for some suggestions
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

You get a summer screen wash at TASC's from "Wuerth". (Approved for use in cars without damage)
    It costs some Rs. 170-200. you have to mix the solution in 2-4 ltrs of tap water.

What I have done is I have mixed the solution in a 2 ltr bottle and I keep taking 500-700 ml from there and mix it in tap water to reach 2 ltr and then add it to the car.
    the soapy solution does its job just fine..
    [attachment=0:1p1c2oam]summer screen wash.jpg[/attachment:1p1c2oam]
  3. Can you post a pic of this Summer Screen Solution Bottle. Will be easier for me make the TASC understand what I am talking about :)
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Earlier I used to use a few drops of shampoo.

Now, I've been using few drops of Colin Glass cleaner (typically used in households for cleaning mirrors/ glasss etc).

Both above have given best results. My criteria is as follows:

The drops should be few, just enough that the solution cuts thro' the grime. It should not be too much that when you spray, the windshield is covered with foamy liquid.
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I was busy clicking and editing the pic while you replied....

when used with just 2-3 ltrs of water, the solution works, but i found it to be a waste, so i'm using it diluting it further...

Vahanpujari, from my experience with colin, it leaves a white powdery layer in the water tank and on the windshield..?
    what about you??
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i still use Dove shampoo which doesn't leave any white spots on the screen... As you guys stated just few drops should do it with adequate proportion of water... Well i top up water every 3/4days as i use this windscreen washer daily...
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am using my grand-daughter's left-over Johnson's Baby Shampoo adequately diluted with BWSSB water as windshield washer fluid. This works fine.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    On Winshield, there is no layer I observed. Have to check Windshield fluid reservior though.

Johnson Baby shampoo logically should be a good choice as it should be soft shampoo
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U do get a white left over on the glass with some brand of shampoos.. Especially if its excess
  10. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    nice post and pretty informative ... i will give these a try for sure.