1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Sun Shield Visor Blocks

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Viny, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

You could instead go in for front windshield sunfilm. It will not only do the job, but will also help while driving esp. on long drives.
    As long as you go in for 70% and above VLT (like 3m CR70) forget cops, even you will be unable to make out it's presence.

If not a reflective sunshade meant for front windscreens is your best bet.
    2-pair-Lot-Foldable-Aluminum-Foil-Car-Front-Rear-font-b-Windshield-b-font-font-b.jpg
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Reasons NOT to go for front windscreen films:

• You would need brighter lights at the night
    • Huge investment (as much as it takes for a new windscreen + sealant + labor) which goes down the drain, God forbid your windscreen cracks
  3. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    I have see many US people using the below reflective material in their cars , how effective is this when we compared to Polco one which is currently being user by DRIV3R

Any Reviews on this will be help full so that we can make adequate measures in the upcoming measures.

Thanks in advance .
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

3k for Gareware Topcool / Icecool Shield is not as expensive as, say, CR70. My i10 with stock HLs has had Gareware Icecool Shield. We've faced no problem w.r.t. visibility.
    BUT yes. If the windshield cracks, 3k down the drain.
    The ones posted by DR1V3R seem translucent and let in some light, and the reflective one I posted is probably opaque, and might be more effective. Can't say for sure though.
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

DuPont Tyvek material is well known for it's properties. It is obvious that it should be better than a sheet which just has some reflective properly, that is what I think. :)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have used the reflective one. They are only effective in keeping the light out and not the heat. I have found that either V-Kool or 3M CR series to be the best in heat rejection. Neither the ones used by DRIV3R, nor the reflective ones pictured can match that.

I personally use nothing now. I just turn the engine on, turn the AC to full blast, lower the windows a bit and wait a few minutes, before driving off. Helps cool the car and also helps keep the turbo healthy :D

Rajan
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I disagree, Rajan. Tyvek is claimed to reject 99.8% of sun's UV rays. No sunfilm can match that. :D
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The front wind shield, by virtue of being laminated glass, already rejects 99% UV. Also, heat is related more to IR and less to UV. The film has an independent specification for "Heat Rejection" apart from UV filtration.

Rajan
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

True. While I do not have numbers for the IR rejection, Tyvek claims to maintain temperatures upto 30 degrees C cooler.

Today afternoon, I could feel the heat even with the air-con on, after I had parked, just after I put up these shades, I could feel the difference. Earlier I had these black ones and the roll up ones, but none provided the same effect.

Also, Tyvek is known to lose it's effectiveness in UV rejection after prolonged exposure to the sun. Was just looking up it's datasheet. :)
  10. Puntoed

Puntoed Amatore

Austin / Blr
    Thanks guys, for letting me know about the differences in these material.

Now conclusion is don't go for silver reflective one as it doesn't help the cause.

As per DRIV3R experience will try to search DuPont tvyek material blinds.

Even I am with DRIV3R since tvyek DuPont car covers say they keep the car cooler by 30 degree.

Are the blinds are also made of materials same as car covers ??

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk