1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Sun Shield Visor Blocks

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Viny, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Hi,

With summers approaching, i was looking for some short of sun shields to on windshields to avoid excess heating of parked cars.
    Have anyone tried them, any experiences to share. Do they really work? Does the roller block views?

380261916_o.jpg
    380261934_o.jpg
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    :lol: Viny. They most definetly work. I have used them but I havent used them for the front windshield. I have used them for 4 side windows. They would block the view but not completely (Depends on the material, the one I have is like a perforated one which enhance visibility while doing the required work). From outside ull only get like 10 percent visibility while from inside you would get like 30 % visibility. Acombination of a really good sunfilm with this would do wonders.

If you are lookin only the front windshield and that too only while parking, there are other better options (Like a heat dissipator ) available but they would be lil bit more expensive. This would be VFM.
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

Can you share more details about "heat dissipator" ? Do you mean those solar powered window fans ?
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Not the solar powered ones, they dnt work 99.9 percent of times. The one im talkin bout are not available in the indian market, i have searched a lot. The one im talkin bout run off a battery module.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the silver kind of thing is the best as it reflects all the rays from the front windshield.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

Problem is that all that i could find in local market are 42cms in height, where for car like linea 55+cms in height would work better.
    I saw the black to silver gradient shade in local market, looked good from out side, one can drive with being on works as dark sunfilm, though not advisable. Costs just Rs 150. But i am not sure if they are durable in nature.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its good to use when the car is parked. also you have reflective silver sheets. but its not a wise idea to use them while driving. anyways why do u need it while driving. AC does its job.
    these accessories are useful only when car is parked on hot sun and the inside temps go above 60degrees.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Toyota dealers have white sun screens for Innova which is bug enough for Punto, but it can be used only while parking. I am totally against using any screens while driving. I believe there are some transparent sun films which can keep the heat out but still not reduce the transparency.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I bought these and am using, very very effective, made from DuPont Tyvek UV resistant material. You can make out the sun in the outside and the shade inside from the pics.

uploadfromtaptalk1384076180924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384076195452.jpg