1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Windshield Replacement - Fiat Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by MrBig, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Windshield cracked yet again. The Saint gobain one. :(

Happened when I was descending the ORR Sarjapur flyover Saturday night. Damn these mudguardless trucks. uploadfromtaptalk1381129976515.jpg
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Check with windshield experts, they might repair it.
    1 person likes this.
  4. My car has almost a similar crack, it cant be repaired and replacement is not worth for me considering it to be very small and does not allow any water inside.. so still on the same glass for almost an year now.
    2 people like this.
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

:eek: Looks like your car does not like windshields. Very unlucky.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I have a small speck on my windshield, caused by a small pebble from the loose gravel during monsoon, for more than 1.5 yrs now and it doesnot leak aswell.
  7. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

I got it replaced from Windshield experts, they do the job better and much faster(3 hours, as compared to 3 days quoted by the FASS guys)
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

So I went to Windshield Experts, Madiwala, on the way back from work one fine day. Showed them the crack and they checked and said it can't be repaired as there are two miniature hits within that area. I said whatever and asked them what they actually do for repair. They said they use some imported resin to fill the hit area and that it would cost 1.5k. :eek:

They then said they have a saver patch or sticker which they would stick temporarily to help stop the crack from spreading. I said fine, how much does that cost, they said it's free, and it's for their marketing. I wouldn't bothered asking if I had seen this upfront!

Anyway stuck this for now, instead of this any transparent sticker should serve the purpose, this is a bit ugly. It is stuck on both sides of the windshield.

Today was browsing Snapdeal and bumped upon this product while surfing through ABRO products. Was excited and planned to order right-away but it was out of stock.

Tried searching and found a seller on e-bay who was selling the same. Placed an order, will post updates on the DIY fix.

So, bottomline, damages like these can be repaired and the crack can be stopped from spreading.
  9. DRIV3R,

Please let me join you in your quest of repair of windshield, I have chipped windshield at passenger side.
    Need to know what options I have.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I have a similar stone hit mark on the windshield, but only on the outer layer. It's more than two years old. I periodically apply a drop of fevikwick on that. It hasnt deteriorated or spread till date.
    Just a drop or two of fevikwick and let it dry on its own. Do not wipe it with anything, since that would leave a mark there. Yes, I learned it the hard way.